2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The way fa is going I’m losing hope for a respectable draft

Bro…. The idea of a even nearly respectable draft shot out the window about 12hrs ago. 

I will Say “I VOTED for Ed Dodds”…. Just saying. 
And to think when it was first announced that Ziegler was the new GM my honest to Goodness reaction was “Dang, I really wanted Ed Donna, but at least it wasn’t Trey Brown, Bengals Scout”…. Cuz ya know who would hire a scout to be the GM.  That’s like hiring the ball boy to be the coach.  At this point I think we’d have done better with the Bengals scout jumping about 5 chains of command to take over the FO then Ziegler.

I really really really hope all this quiet isn’t because we made ARob and Gilmore swear not to release the news until the allowable tampering period closes and FA actual at begins…. In exchange For 4y,94M and 3y, 52M…. Something absolutely ridiculously Overpaid.

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think it is as simple is that Mark Davis didn’t have the escrow needed to sign FA after extending Crosby. Probably taking him 3-4 days to gather it. We’ll be more active later in the week 

Why would it take 3-4 days to gather it ? Where from and why wouldn’t he have it in an escrow account ready for FA if it only takes 3-4 days to gather?

Sorry am I missing something obvious? 

• Like 1

Raidernation is embarassing sometimes. New regime isn't out there trying to win FA after 2 days and some are already calling out the new FO? 

You all remember Gruden's instant gratification model? Littleton, Nassib, Tyrell Williams, Joyner, etc. How did that play out? They tossed money at every hole they had and fixed nothing. Left the team with a bunch of bloated contracts and no return. 

Let this group have an entire offseason and see how the roster looks on day 1. They deserve a honeymoon period.

Keep in mind about 50-60% of these big early signings never pan out for teams. FA is often fools gold. Teams that win, generally are the ones that are patient and seek value then build through the draft. 

Act like professionals. 

• Like 10

7 hours ago, FloydFan said:

People acting like the world is ending. Just relax and let’s see what happens over the next couple of days. Still plenty of great talent on the board. 

oh course, my rational brain thinks this. moses contact hurt though

13 hours ago, Dessie said:

WR- MVS, Robinson, Fuller

G - Norwell, 

T - Moses, Turner, Quessenberry, Cannon

DL - Nichols

CB- Gilmore

Think they are all available. CB’s are looking light now, have to wonder if we are looking at a trade. 

One off the list 😉

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 1

Bilal Nichols is good pick up IMO.

Champ Kelly obviously know him really well, so we buy a known commodity.

He has the size for our scheme, he has the experience in a somewhat similar scheme and he had 2 good years in 2018 and 2020. This past season was pretty much a down year for that entire team...

He can play in 3 man and 4 man DLs for us and at 25 years old he still has nice upside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Raidernation is embarassing sometimes. New regime isn't out there trying to win FA after 2 days and some are already calling out the new FO? 

You all remember Gruden's instant gratification model? Littleton, Nassib, Tyrell Williams, Joyner, etc. How did that play out? They tossed money at every hole they had and fixed nothing. Left the team with a bunch of bloated contracts and no return. 

Let this group have an entire offseason and see how the roster looks on day 1. They deserve a honeymoon period.

Keep in mind about 50-60% of these big early signings never pan out for teams. FA is often fools gold. Teams that win, generally are the ones that are patient and seek value then build through the draft. 

Act like professionals. 

I get being patient, but we’ve also missed out on a couple nice deals. I’m waiting for it to play out, but not going to act like it wasn’t frustrating.