2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Averaging 14.5M per season with the Giants I believe and was supposed to be paid roughly 20M this season.  I wonder what he's going to be looking for.  If we sign Renfrow, Waller, and Moreau, and then sign our rookies, I don't think we're going to have the cap to sign Bradberry.  After June 1st, I think we'll have like 26M?  Teams typically try to hold onto a little bit of money in case of injuries during the season as well.  Going to be interesting to see if we sign anymore good FAs.

Other than the Graham connection, I don't think we have a lot of interest in Bradberry tbh. 

We made no attempt at DBs in the draft and landed Ya-Sin via FA. Unless the staff knows Bradberry wants to play under Graham specifically and we're literally just waiting for the inevitable, I think they're happy with our DBs as are. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Other than the Graham connection, I don't think we have a lot of interest in Bradberry tbh. 

We made no attempt at DBs in the draft and landed Ya-Sin via FA. Unless the staff knows Bradberry wants to play under Graham specifically and we're literally just waiting for the inevitable, I think they're happy with our DBs as are. 

Group is razor thin. Rock is the only reliable option. Mullen just underwent surgery again after missing most the season - https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/raiders-trayvon-mullen-undergoing-surgery/ 

And he's a FA after this season. Hobbs is intriguing, but far from a known commodity. Averett, Phillips are good depth.

Team needs a reliable starter outside opposite Rock. Bradbury would upgrade the unit. Mullen isn't getting a second contract here. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Group is razor thin. Rock is the only reliable option. Mullen just underwent surgery again after missing most the season - https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/raiders-trayvon-mullen-undergoing-surgery/ 

And he's a FA after this season. Hobbs is intriguing, but far from a known commodity. Averett, Phillips are good depth.

Team needs a reliable starter outside opposite Rock. Bradbury would upgrade the unit. Mullen isn't getting a second contract here. 

Oh I personally don't disagree with any of this. 

But the near total lack of moves for DBs at all tells me they either like what we've got or they know for a near certainty Bradberry is coming. Otherwise, there is simply no reason to have neglected the secondary the way we have so far. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NickButera said:

We have only 2 CB's under contract next year, Hobbs and Robertson. If Bradberry is a great system fit I can see Graham trying to nab him on a 2 year deal with maybe a 3rd year that's team optional. 

He was with Graham in New York so I think it's safe to say he's a scheme fit.

On 5/5/2022 at 1:56 PM, ronjon1990 said:

We were reportedly discussing a trade with the Giants for him and were actively pursuing Gilmore as well. Mullen just had a surgery and has never shown that he can stay healthy. 

2 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Fuller and Bradberry please.  Any vet CBs that could be a good Safety available?

I want to see if Gilispie can contribute anything, if we sign Bradberry I also wouldn't be surprised to see Hobbs play a hybrid role, IIRC he played some safety in college.