2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

• 3 weeks later...

there's a few vet pass rushers I'm interested in with Fackrell being out for the year:

• Anthony Barr
  • Jamie Collins 
  • Takk McKinney 
  • Benson Mayowa
  • Everson Griffen 
  • Jason Pierre Paul  - all would be nice as depth players 
Edited by Humble_Beast

41 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

there's 4 vet pass rushers I'm interested in with Fackrell being out for the year:

• Anthony Barr
  • Jamie Collins 
  • Takk McKinney 
  • Benson Mayowa
  • Everson Griffen 
  • Jason Pierre Paul  - all would be nice as depth players 

We do not have the money to spend on any mid tier FAs.  Without spending another dime we will only have $25 million going into next year.  After draft picks it is closer to $17.  We do not have anyone we can cut to save cap space next year and we have to keep some in reserve for injuries.  Those guys would have to be willing to sign for the vet minimum.

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We do not have the money to spend on any mid tier FAs.  Without spending another dime we will only have $25 million going into next year.  After draft picks it is closer to $17.  We do not have anyone we can cut to save cap space next year and we have to keep some in reserve for injuries.  Those guys would have to be willing to sign for the vet minimum.

cheap vets on a 1 year deal

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

That was my point.  I do not see us spending $4-5 million on any single player that's left.  Suh might be the only one but he is going to want double that.

you typed your point out wrong. Spending now means nothing in the long term. Just helps the team out for this upcoming season. I think there's a few vets who can help the team this year. We have over 20m in cap space, idk if we will use it. Who knows, but injuries are hitting the team

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Truly surprised Suh isn't a Raider. I assume he's just waiting to sign with a team so he doesn't have to go through training camp/practices. A vet of his calibre can take some time off this time of the year I suppose.

I feel like he doesn't want to be a Raider. Feels like there's been a few times over the years and he was never interested in putting on the Silver and Black. I could be wrong 

There's actually some serious talent left in FA regarding the O-line:

• Tretter is an awesome C, but there are injury concerns
  • Daryl Williams can play both G/T and at an at least average level. Super durable too.
  • Erich Fisher might still have some left in the tank after coming back from that brutal injury
  • Duane Brown is old AF but still could be an upgrade

Would absolutely love a Will Fuller signing too. One of the true speed demons when healthy (Very rare these days). However even having him on the field demands a ton of attention. He might be able to open up the O similarly to Ruggs did.

I'd prefer him over the unproven Robinson, Johnson, etc.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

There's actually some serious talent left in FA regarding the O-line:

• Tretter is an awesome C, but there are injury concerns
  • Daryl Williams can play both G/T and at an at least average level. Super durable too.
  • Erich Fisher might still have some left in the tank after coming back from that brutal injury
  • Duane Brown is old AF but still could be an upgrade

Serious talent? In your words,  C with injury concerns, Williams average, Fisher coming off an injury and a OAP for a T ? 

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for any of them tbh.

Edited by Dessie

9 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Serious talent? In your words,  C with injury concerns, Williams average, Fisher coming off an injury and a OAP for a T ? 

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for any of them tbh.

Compared to what we are likely trotting out and at this late stage in FA, yea there's a lot more talent than I would have expected. Maybe serious talent is an exaggeration but notable upgrades is very fitting imo.

Tretter does have serious talent, one of the top C's in the league. He just does have injury concerns and that's the only reason why he is still available. Same with Fisher, he was always rock solid with KC before the injury. If he never tore his achilles and had to slowly work back to health with Indy he wouldn't still be available. Williams is plug and play. Brown was an elite T but age is catching up to him.

Putting Carr behind the likes of Simpson, Cotton, Eluemunor, Leatherwood, Parker, etc is terrifying. 

35 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Compared to what we are likely trotting out and at this late stage in FA, yea there's a lot more talent than I would have expected. Maybe serious talent is an exaggeration but notable upgrades is very fitting imo.

Tretter does have serious talent, one of the top C's in the league. He just does have injury concerns and that's the only reason why he is still available. Same with Fisher, he was always rock solid with KC before the injury. If he never tore his achilles and had to slowly work back to health with Indy he wouldn't still be available. Williams is plug and play. Brown was an elite T but age is catching up to him.

Putting Carr behind the likes of Simpson, Cotton, Eluemunor, Leatherwood, Parker, etc is terrifying. 

You are not exactly selling the potential replacements tho.