2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

so were really going into the season with the OL as is huh, either McD is a mastermind or delusional. He has a plan, and i cant wait to see it. 

I'm in shock. I hope I'm wrong, but everyone except Miller played extensively in preseason and almost everyone was beaten more than 50% of the time.  They showed exactly who they are, and showed that they aren't good.  We can only rely on screens and the run game until other teams realize that if they take it away we have nothing. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NickButera said:

I'm in shock. I hope I'm wrong, but everyone except Miller played extensively in preseason and almost everyone was beaten more than 50% of the time.  They showed exactly who they are, and showed that they aren't good.  We can only rely on screens and the run game until other teams realize that if they take it away we have nothing. 

Don't disagree. The wild cards are Eleumenor, who looked pretty good in PS, munford (also decent) and Parham sliding in at IOL eventually.

Anyone else find It odd why we have 11 defensive lineman on the roster, and re just added Peko to the practice squad too. 7 backups for 4 spots?! While we only have 8 O-lineman, 3 backups for 5 spots. I don't care how you cut it, going into week one this is just bad management and asking for trouble. What the heck do we need with that many defensive lineman.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Anyone else find It odd why we have 11 defensive lineman on the roster, and re just added Peko to the practice squad too. 7 backups for 4 spots?! While we only have 8 O-lineman, 3 backups for 5 spots. I don't care how you cut it, going into week one this is just bad management and asking for trouble. What the heck do we need with that many defensive lineman.

Are some of these "lineman" including the like of Crosby, Koonce, Jones, etc? Guys who may be standing up lots and playing more OLB than true DL?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Are some of these "lineman" including the like of Crosby, Koonce, Jones, etc? Guys who may be standing up lots and playing more OLB than true DL?

Let's say you count 3 down linemen and 2 edge players.  That is still 6 backups on the d-line and only 3 on the o-line.  We are playing with fire with the o-line.

7 hours ago, NickButera said:

I think it’s in part down to the amount of rotation Graham does. The 5 o lineman stay on the pitch throughout the whole game - the backups are only there in case of injury. Whereas the dline will change up regularly during each given game.

Plus the starting oline will be the same regardless of the opponent, whereas Graham may choose a different rotational dline depending my on the style of offense he’s facing.

That’s what I’d guess anyways

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:
8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Let's say you count 3 down linemen and 2 edge players.  That is still 6 backups on the d-line and only 3 on the o-line.  We are playing with fire with the o-line

I’ve always advocated for a large rotation on the DLine and can see why we keep 10 or 11 and have no problem with that as most will get snaps, I also agree that we probably don’t have enough on the OLine, I probably would have swapped a RB for an OLine given that 4th string RBs probably can be stashed on your practice squad given their low value. 
I hope we do add another Olineman at some point.

On 9/6/2022 at 5:43 PM, NickButera said:

2 TE sets will be the base offense. It will be a match up nightmare for teams and protect Carr. I wanted Garden to run the same offense. Run the ball or pass out of a double TE offense. Keep the defense in its base.

13 hours ago, NickButera said:

Graham runs a multiple defense so you’re going to need different types of DL. And you can only have 8 active OL on game day.