2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

If most of those RB’s are allowed to walk I think we should just wait to see who’s left standing after the first 10 days of FA and go bargain shopping. Jamaal Williams seems tailor made for JMD’s offense similar to LeGarrette Blount and could be very cheap. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 2

On 11/28/2022 at 10:20 AM, jpaulthe1st said:

If most of those RB’s are allowed to walk I think we should just wait to see who’s left standing after the first 10 days of FA and go bargain shopping. Jamaal Williams seems tailor made for JMD’s offense similar to LeGarrette Blount and could be very cheap. 

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Alexander Mattison, Samaje Perine, D'Ernest Johnson, and D'Onta Foreman are all free agents as well. 

Jamaal Williams or Alexander Mattison would thrive, imo. 

I expect us to deploy more of a timeshare next season with Zamir White. I've been a bit worried about him, but I loved his two runs the other day. 

@NYRaiderprobably hates me for saying this, but I'd really like to see more White sprinkled in the rest of the year. He only has 10 carries so far, and I want to see what we've got there before rosters start changing. 

If White doesn't look like he could be the guy and the FA market winds up not being particularly enticing, I'm all for trying to bring Jacobs back (and I don't necessarily want him gone to begin with- just business). If White looks like he could be, it allows us some more flexibility in the draft and FA.

Mainly, I don't want to go into 2023 with a starting RB with less than a few games worth of experience. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Man I hope this signing happens.

I have never heard of him.

He would've been in the 2020 draft. His college stats are decent. A dual threat guy.

This changes how I perceive McDaniels choices in QBs. First he drafts Tebow, gives Kaepernick a work out with the Raiders, and now brings in a little known dual threat QB. If the Raiders draft a dev QB, would it be another dual threat?

I know nothing about his prior experience/successes other than this season in the CFL. Dude was the best player in the league period. 

He missed the entire second half of the season but came back for playoffs. Dude was on a historic pace and would have clean swept awards if not for injury. 

He'll get a backup gig somewhere and I hope it's with us. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I know nothing about his prior experience/successes other than this season in the CFL. Dude was the best player in the league period. 

He missed the entire second half of the season but came back for playoffs. Dude was on a historic pace and would have clean swept awards if not for injury. 

He'll get a backup gig somewhere and I hope it's with us. 

What I like is the intangible stuff that is being said about him. He basically lives at the facility. Even though he is a dual threat, he looks at multiple reads before taking off and running.

His arm strength is in that Andy Dalton / Mack Jones level. But he is WAY more athletic than both.

11 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

What I like is the intangible stuff that is being said about him. He basically lives at the facility. Even though he is a dual threat, he looks at multiple reads before taking off and running.

His arm strength is in that Andy Dalton / Mack Jones level. But he is WAY more athletic than both.

Worth a look, absolutely. It'll be a huge transition to the NFL of course and the odds are against him, but he has a lot of potential and is young. 

Rather have him over proven bums like Peterman