2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Beat Writers are usually pretty accurate except for the draft. Teams tell their beat writers fake stuff on purpose for the draft, and those beat writers for some reason actually believe it. Mac Jones to the Niners at 3 is a prime example. You had all the Niner beat writers spreading the rumor Mac is the pick at 3. There was simply no chance in hell Mac was in consideration at 3, it was always Trey Lance, said it the entire draft season without wavering. 

On 6/22/2022 at 10:00 PM, BayRaider said:

Beat Writers are usually pretty accurate except for the draft. Teams tell their beat writers fake stuff on purpose for the draft, and those beat writers for some reason actually believe it. Mac Jones to the Niners at 3 is a prime example. You had all the Niner beat writers spreading the rumor Mac is the pick at 3. There was simply no chance in hell Mac was in consideration at 3, it was always Trey Lance, said it the entire draft season without wavering. 

Our reporters haven't been right on much since Gruden/Mayock left. Most of our moves have come out of nowhere. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Our reporters haven't been right on much since Gruden/Mayock left. Most of our moves have come out of nowhere. 

It's almost as it Gruden and Mayock we're painfully vanilla and repeated the same mistakes over and over and over making it easy to guess lol

15 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's almost as it Gruden and Mayock we're painfully vanilla and repeated the same mistakes over and over and over making it easy to guess lol

Nah there were major leaks in the building. Someone called into a Raiders podcast I listen too the day before the draft and said that Alex Leatherwood was who we were going to draft. 

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Nah there were major leaks in the building. Someone called into a Raiders podcast I listen too the day before the draft and said that Alex Leatherwood was who we were going to draft. 

What podcast?

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Locked on Raiders, you should check it out, I listen to it everyday.

That's the one I listen to everyday as well.  Thought you might have another.  Always looking for new material.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Totty said:

That's the one I listen to everyday as well.  Thought you might have another.  Always looking for new material.

KRLV morning tailgate With Clay Baker, Heidi Fang and Vinnie Bonsignor is a good listen also

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 6:00 AM, BayRaider said:

Possibly they are repeating the 'stories or hot takes' the teams want with a promise of later big news or the promise of breaking other stories, exclusive access after the draft and so on. In the above example, the writer probably didn't think that was going to happen just reporting it as the team wanted, scratch my back and I'll scratch yours type of thing. That would make sense 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

crazy that Trining camp starts in 10 days! I still would be really interested in these guys with the over 20m in cap space:

WR: Beckham Jr, Wil Fuller, Julio Jones,John Ross, TY Hilton, Emmanuel Sanders

T: Daryl Williams, Eric Fisher, Riley Reiff, Brandon Shell, Bobby Massie, Eric Fisher, Marcus Cannon, Nate Solder, Mike Remmers, Cam Fleming, Mitchell Schwartz

G: Ereck Flowers

Center: JC Tretter

DL: Suh, Carlos Dunlap, Sheldon Richardson, Malik Jackson, Star Lotulelei, Darius Philon 

Edge: Anthony Barr, Takk McKinnely, Benson Mayowa, Trey Flowers, Everson Griffin Jason Pierre Paul

S: Landon Collins