2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

To be fair, I think practically ALL big WR signings are full of risk. Very few star type WRs get signed in FA and live up to expectations. 

I'd take the guy looking for the shorter deal in hopes of cashing in down the road myself. Guys like that tend to play with more edge. 

I agree that all WR signings are risks however Chark is the type of WR to gamble on due to this depressed value from injury and poor QB play.  We need a WR and Chark checks all of the boxes.  Is there risk sure but I am also convinced that Chark is a stud who is about to breakout with a QB like Carr.  He's big, strong, fast, good hands, large catch radius, isn't afraid of contact and his prime years are still ahead of him.  

Lock him up on a 3 or 4 year contract for around 12 per and barring injury he will be a steal at that price. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Chark had breakout season in 2019, fell off in 2020 and injured in 2021. He's a risk signing. He's been injured and inconsistent. Question is how much will he command. Rumors of Kirk looking at 15 million per. What's Chark worth in that case? 

As a deep threat to open the field on play action, it's a perfect fit. 

Give him the Tyrell Williams deal and hope he breaks the trend. Granted I wouldn't go more than 12/13 because of injuries.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

An under the radar FA WR I'd look at is James Washington. 25 years old, former 2nd round pick that has produced in the past but just got lost in the shuffle in Pittsburgh. Could be a Nelly type of situation.

Great call, Washington is a baller and would come at a discount. 

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Give him the Tyrell Williams deal and hope he breaks the trend. Granted I wouldn't go more than 12/13 because of injuries.

This a great call out. Chark is very similar to Tyrell Williams both in body type and play style. 

Also - Ziegler mentioned that availability is something his scouting department regards highly. I could see us passing on Chark because of his historical inability to stay healthy. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

This a great call out. Chark is very similar to Tyrell Williams both in body type and play style. 

Also - Ziegler mentioned that availability is something his scouting department regards highly. I could see us passing on Chark because of his historical inability to stay healthy. 

The injuries are an issue, He has never played a full season. We all know how frustrating TW was. You’re right in that the new regime may not want to make an injury prone WR their first big FA acquisition. Chark would fit like a glove and could be an opportunity to get a big talent on the cheap. Can’t wait for tomorrow. 

14 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I disagree.  Chark is every bit as good as ARob but is younger and cheaper.  

I also don't understand your logic.  If we sign ARob we don't need to draft a WR but if we sign Chark we do?  

I would like us to draft a WR regardless of who we sign.  If Wilson or Williams are there at 22 I would not be opposed to taking either and turning a glaring weakness into a strength with not much money spent on the position. We currently have one of the worst WR corps in the NFL.

because if u get Arob depending how much for he is a true #1. that pushes your need for wr this draft down imo. Id take a wr just later.  Arob/renfrow/waller solid. 

Chark isnt Arob yey, despite your opinion.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Chark will definitely be cheaper than Robinson, which is an important factor to consider given our cap space and numerous holes that need to be filled.

oh 100% .. if you go chark I'm saying you have to go power in numbers. he's a risk so need him and possibly another lesser Fa and pick.

also not denying ARob has been banged up in his career too