The "Let it out" thread

deeluxx3

Im not that disappointed.

I never believed in Tannehills ability to win in big games.

I'd love to analyze Tannehills pocket. I swear he does terrible with a clean pocket and when the oline does break he makes some incredible athletic plays.

And that TD pass to AJ was incredible.

He's still missing something.

And not executing in the passing game will have a negative effect on your run game. We had what 2 big pass plays the whole game?

I thought the run game was solid all things considered.

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s like I said last night, it’s what we’ve done for three years right? The quick decision and tight window throws are what made the passing game so explosive and efficient for two years. We have a lot of plays designed for Ryan to hit the top of his drop and let it rip, the target is determined when the play is installed, not when Ryan is in the pocket.

Was that a big part of the offense because we didn’t trust Ryan to sit back and make reads and nobody complained about it because it worked? I’m open to that. And then this year, they stopped being open, and we got burned because we still kept calling the same plays and Ryan kept throwing to the same spots, but the receivers were worse and the defenders were ready for it.

When the hard PA into an intermediate in-breaking route went from our bread and butter for two years to consistently being shut down, is that on Ryan for not making the predetermined throw work anyways? Or is it on Downing for not altering the play or showing defenses a different look? Both? Probably. 

I don’t have answers. I know it’s a lot more feasible to replace Downing than Tannehill. But in the end, I’m not sure that my complaints don’t stem from Vrabel and what he wants in an offense.

It goes back to what people like you and I have been calling for since the AFC championship run. 

"Mature the passing game." 

We recognized that the hard play action and routes we run can't be depended on forever. Teams adjusted. 

We were thrilled to see a passing game because of what Marcus was doing or not doing. We were so happy to see our team actually pass the ball. So yep no complaints. But we never moved forward. Just kept doing what we do, arrogantly. 

Why can't the passing game mature? 

Through now 3 OC's under Vrabel and 2 QBs. 

Is it because of the QBs? Or is it Vrabel? 

I don't personally feel Vrabel has the knowledge to determine what kind of routes to run. 

I am going to go and look at Atlanta's games and see if Smith called different passing plays. 

I'm leaning that 60% of it being Ryan's limited ability and 40% is the play caller. 

I've watched some bad Titans playoff losses in my time. None were as winnable as that one, none were as gut-wrenchingly disgusting as that one, none were as poorly executed at every turn as that one. This team wins by playing good, fundamental football. None of that was on display. The week off hurt the rhythm of the team. Everyone was off from the jump offensively (obviously.) Defensively was an entirely different story. 

Here's my thing: I could accept Ryan Tannehill's performance with this team if he was on Jalen Hurts' contract. I cannot abide his play, especially in the playoffs, for his price. His entire contract should be given to AJ Brown and Harold Landry, and he needs to play for someone else. He's not worth the money. He'll never be worth the money. Rolling him out in 2022 is essentially admitting defeat before the season begins and saying it's a rebuild. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Shocker….

Burrow talked about how the defense confused him all game. They never stuck with the same thing they kept being unpredictable. 

We need our offense to be the same. 

But offensively you can probably set a sun dial to it. 

Starring down a wr is rookie mess. 

Running that route combo is predictable. 

Tanny needed to be better. Goes beyond the interceptions. Play QB. Manipulate the defense with your eyes. 

Be more than a placeholder. 

I still can’t get over 9 sacks…. Unbelievable defensive performance yesterday completely wasted.

Also to take the burden off of Tannehill for a second, I still think Vrabel going for two was beyond dumb and what happens if we’re up 17-16 late in the game with the ball? Damn sure ain’t relying on Tanny to throw another pick. Love ya Vrabs but damn….

Edited by ttitansfan4life

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Shocker….

I mean let’s be honest… Did anyone expect anything other than a play action pass first play from scrimmage? I called it about 4 hours before kick off when talking to my Dad about it. So if I know it’s coming I’m sure the Bengals do too. If you’re that hell bent on it as well it has to be a deep shot 40/50 yards down field not a 15 yard route like that. It was a horrible call. That had a play action roll out keeper for Tannehill all day long. Just a shame our offensive coordinator is useless and our QB melted so badly when it mattered most. 

10 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I still can’t get over 9 sacks…. Unbelievable defensive performance yesterday completely wasted.

Also to take the burden off of Tannehill for a second, I still think Vrabel going for two was beyond dumb and what happens if we’re up 17-16 late in the game with the ball? Damn sure ain’t relying on Tanny to throw another pick. Love ya Vrabs but damn….

I trust Henry to get us a yard, even if the defense knows it's coming. I have a lot of trouble faulting Vrabel for that call. I'd have done the same. 

9 sacks thing, though. I feel you 100 percent. Losing a game like that is not acceptable at any level of football -- even in college. Losing a major regular season game in which your defense got 9 sacks at an SEC school or powerhouse program would land you in the transfer portal in college, much less doing that in the playoffs in the NFL. 

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Burrow talked about how the defense confused him all game. They never stuck with the same thing they kept being unpredictable. 

We need our offense to be the same. 

But offensively you can probably set a sun dial to it. 

Starring down a wr is rookie mess. 

Running that route combo is predictable. 

Tanny needed to be better. Goes beyond the interceptions. Play QB. Manipulate the defense with your eyes. 

Be more than a placeholder. 

yeah this has been a consistent complaint of mine all season. you see other offenses get guys wide open with the defense looking confused and wondering what just happened and that just never, ever happens with us. art was capable of it occasionally, though still not as much as the guys he was emulating like shanahan etc. under downing that disappeared COMPLETELY. our explosive plays were entirely reliant on our stars just beating guys themselves. and obviously you have to have that- players gotta make plays- but good OCs simply bring more to the table than that.

and yeah, for as tricky as we are with coverages and stuff like that you would think vrabel would have an understanding that you have to do that on offense too, not this fisherball crap. and yet....

After waking up this morning, I don't think I can stomach rooting for this franchise as long as Tannehill is the quarterback. There were multiple individuals who underperformed yesterday, whether playcalling or not looking their usual self, but Tannehill's turnovers directly led to points and victory for the Bengals. To spit in the face of the team, franchise, city, state... yeah, I just don't feel like senselessly rooting for something inevitable.

Should have gone after Brady. Nothing is guaranteed, but I feel confident we'd have had a much better shot at capturing a ring with his window.

This team is in purgatory. We won't suck hard enough to land a talent at QB in the draft (none this year, and who knows next year onwards). And there aren't any FA worthy. Heard some discussion about Matt Ryan or Kirk Cousins, we'd be dealing with the same crap that Tannehill has shown.

I've dealt with soul-crushing defeats by this team before. It's sucked. But this time just finally feels like I've decided to take my Titans blindfold off, recoginize what this team / franchise is all about, and decided... this isn't worth it. It's an abusive significant other that makes most of the year fun to watch and root for, but then when the time comes to show up or go home, it's always a public meltdown and collapse.

in all seriousness, i believe our best option for 2022 alone is getting rid of downing. that's the best shot we have at making this offense functional again. i don't have any faith that tannehill will be able to do anything in the playoffs regardless, but hey, at least it'll be less painful to watch before we try to find a new QB.