The "Let it out" thread

deeluxx3

9 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m say this & y’all can call me stupid all you want but if I’m the titans before I let Harold Landry walk I will cut ties with Julio I’m sorry but Julio is passed his prime landry hasn’t scratched the surface & you don’t let pass rushers walk out the door dat can change the game

However we do it. Do it. But I want Simmons and AJ here long term. And I want them happy. They make Sundays so much more enjoyable, and will also be huge team leaders.

11 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m say this & y’all can call me stupid all you want but if I’m the titans before I let Harold Landry walk I will cut ties with Julio I’m sorry but Julio is passed his prime landry hasn’t scratched the surface & you don’t let pass rushers walk out the door dat can change the game

We don’t get much for cutting Julio so that’s pointless.

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

He wasn't vindicated in keeping Bowen. We aren't even running the same defense as last year. We're practically running Schwartz's defense.

Schwartz wanted to step away from the game some, so my assumption is Vrabel hires him, gets input from him on how to install his defense with the personnel we have, and Bowen calls the plays from the Schwartz playbook/handles the responsibilities Schwartz grew tired of.

Precisely why I said in another thread that if a team comes calling for Schwartz and he's wanting to return to a full DC role, we should tell Bowen to kick rocks and just give Schwartz the position.

People have mentioned hiring a Schwartz like person for the offense, but I'm honestly not sure there's anyone out there who is as smart with offense as Schwartz is with defense that would want a lesser role(which also comes with lesser pay, I imagine). But if we could find someone who'd be willing like a Jay Gruden or Jim Caldwell, I certainly wouldn't complain.

you think he's gonna see it that way?

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

We don’t get much for cutting Julio so that’s pointless.

A post June 1st cut saves like 10 mil iirc.

That being said I have no idea on the details of how the cap works/if they can cut him before FA and designate it as post june 1st(feel like I've seen that in the past on teams cutting players, but not sure the details).

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

He recognized that Bowen wasn't getting the job done and hired Schwartz to fix it, so, yeah I'd think so.

he promoted bowen to defensive coordinator lol. this talk of how we're running schwartz's scheme is an oversimplification. what is that based on? yeah, we blitzed less, but we also transitioned to running more quarters which is less "jim schwartz's scheme" and more the quickly-standardizing blueprint set by brandon staley to slow down the high-powered passing attacks that have emerged across the league in recent years. plus we continued to run the inverted cover 2 looks that we introduced last year very frequently. it's not like we were lining up in wide 9 every play. 

Edited by -Hope-

Everyone is talking about Tannehill basically choking and how he can't be the guy going forward.

Vrabel wouldn't ever throw him under the bus. But I guarantee, him and Jrob will be starting to put a plan in place for a succession plan. 

Do I know how they exactly will go about it, no, but I guarantee something will start to be put in place.

Vrabel is a good coach. He can see the writing on the wall. I don't care what he said at any presser. He knows why we lost that game.

Tannehill also knows what it is, because of the way he replaced Marcus. I don't think Vrabel and Jrob have any issues with finding a way in the future to replace Tannehill.

• Like 1

I finally went back and looked at the highlights.
Ryan made some throws. 
Defense was baller.
Foreman should have ran more.
3 chances to get 1 yard on two separate times and we failed. 
Playcalling wasn't as bad as I felt, players failed to execute.
Tannehill's screen INT looks worst each time I look at it. Hilton baits him perfectly. He waited to the right moment and creeped up there. Tanny was predictable with his snap cadence and the pass went directly into his extended hands. How he didn't adjust his throwing trajectory is beyond me. 
His last INT wasn't as bad as the other two but it was still bad.
We wasted a great game from AJ and a decent game from Julio. 

Would it be terrible to have Tanny back next year? Could be worst.
Will anyone be excited about him coming back? No. 

There were 3 calls that Downing made that were horrible. 
The Screen call. You just ran the ball down their throat. They were reeling, keep running it.
The two short yardage calls. Just sneak it.
Outside of those calls, he did enough to win us the game. 

My Tanny blame went from 95% to about 75-80%.

We should be in the AFC championship game and we would be if Tanny played better. 

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Here are the eight offensive play callers from this weekend: Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, Tom Brady, Matt LaFleur, Andy Reid, Zac Taylor, Brian Daboll, Todd Downing.

One of these things is not like the other.

And yeah, boo Tannehill or whatever.

zac taylor is almost universally maligned as a playcaller by anyone who follows football reasonably closely. the bengals' offense was wildly inconsistent this year despite the immense amount of talent. guess what they have that we don't, though?