The "Let it out" thread

deeluxx3

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The worst case is we start Logan Woodside or some other bad QB, tank out hard, chase away AJB (who would have every reason to want to leave in this scenario), Simmons and Fulton who don’t want to spend the prime of their careers on a loser, and watch the entire foundation of the franchise collapse.

I find the idea of tanking following a year in which we had the 1 seed and went 12-5 while rostering the most players in NFL history infinitely more miserable than seeing if Tannehill can bounce back and, if not, being able to get rid of him without crippling the franchise’s cap situation for years to come.

These are all hypotheticals and would never actually really happen. 

I can also see scenarios where Tannehill is continually good enough where you don't cut off from him. And you basically extend his welcome continually for years while you waste away careers like aforementioned AJ, and Simmons.

When are players going to get tired of him? 

Because if I was Simmons, AJ, or Henry, I would sure as hell be annoyed as **** him tonight.

Sure you can have Tannehill play another year?

But what's the plan after we get bounced out the playoffs next year first round? 

The same situation you are talking about players getting upset just get pushed down the road. 

I am not saying release him. But you better get creative in giving players hope in life after Tannehill. Because sorry I won't be surprised if we are singing the same song next year.

15 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

But what's the plan after we get bounced out the playoffs next year first round? 

The same situation you are talking about players getting upset just get pushed down the road. 

The difference is that next year he won’t cost $60 million to get rid of. He gets 2022. Unless you can get Rodgers or Russ, in which case you hope you can make it a three team trade. If he doesn’t rebound and flames out, you get rid of him. When you’ll have more cap flexibility and also not already be down a second round pick. 

I don’t know if you appreciate what getting rid of Tannehill this offseason would do. I’m a firm believer in the cap as a make believe number. But if we were to cut Tannehill tomorrow, it’s also saying good bye to Landry. That’s how bad the dead cap is. 

The funny thing is that literally the best you could hope for while replacing Tannehill are as follows: A QB that just lost at home while scoring 10 points.  A QB that went 7-10 with DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett. And a QB that hasn’t played in a year and may be an actual monstrous human being.

The move is to start seriously looking at our potential QB options this offseason. Look into the Rodgers/Wilson scenarios see what's what with those. We owe ourselves that. Seriously look into the top QB prospects in this year's draft. It's not a great class, but at least do your due diligence and figure out if we see anybody in the crop that we can potentially groom as our future starter. Ryan is our starter next year barring the unthinkable of Rodgers or Wilson coming here, but we need to be proactive with trying to upgrade the QB position. The longer we try to put it off the longer we're wasting the prime of our cornerstone pieces. 

• Like 2

Tannehill and the interceptions deserve the attention. I get it. But man would we’ve been better off if Derrick hadn’t come back.

I love him, but he was so tentative. And, in retrospect, the game may have been decided on him not reaching for the goal line on the conversion attempt.

49 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I would not be upset if our biggest acquisition this offseason was someone like Mike Gesicki.

gesicki isn't a tight end. he's better anthony firkser. there's value in that, but we need a real tight end much more than we need a better big slot guy.

Edited by -Hope-

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Tannehill and the interceptions deserve the attention. I get it. But man would we’ve been better off if Derrick hadn’t come back.

I love him, but he was so tentative. And, in retrospect, the game may have been decided on him not reaching for the goal line on the conversion attempt.

Derrick got tackled and the Bengal defender made a great play 

the game was decided on Ryan’s three interceptions and missing a td to AJ

• Like 2

Tannehill’s interceptions were bad. The fact that one was in the redzone and the other two led to 6 points is what makes it just an utter failure. In a 3 point loss, that’s at worse a 9 point swing. 

I’ve never played QB but is being a game manager that difficult. Jimmy G and Tannehill makes it look so hard.

Edited by TitanSlim