The "Let it out" thread

deeluxx3

16 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the broadcast was LOUD. you could tell even through the TV the stadium was rocking in a way i don't think i've ever really seen. would be nice if to have a team that could literally ever deliver in that situation

Man. It was loud. 

I have never been to Nashville. But spending a weekend there in that atmosphere. People love the Titans. You could feel the energy and everyone was out showing the colors and talking about it. 

People also came from alot of places to show out for the boys.

It sucks right now. But I think this maybe can be a good thing. An inflection point. That pushes us into the next stage of whatever it is we need to be elite.

I don't know what the answer is. I am not some Tannehill hater. I feel for the guy.  But I just don't believe he can be the guy to do it. He just ain't it.

I really do think Vrabel is a smart head coach and has a finger on the pulse. I trust he will make the necessary moves along with Jrob. And if we stick with them, we will eventually get to the promised land. 

Edited by twotonebluenation
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We have seen the levels he could achieve with a OC that has some level of sense. 

We will never be respected with him. We will never be feared because of him (Ryan).  Maybe we can get a Flacco type run out of him with our growing defense. 

Ryan/Downing equals nothing but pain and horror next year.
Ryan and someone like Tim Kelly, equals optimism

This said. I still welcome all trade offers and ideas lol. 

• Like 1

This is entirely irrelevant but I’m going to use this thread to post random thoughts that don’t fit elsewhere.

Racey McMath had 108 offensive snaps this year and finished with two catches for eight yards on six targets. And we couldn’t find opportunities for Josh Reynolds to see the field.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Geoff Swaim had 715 snaps spread out across 16 games. 45 snaps per game. He’s not a particularly good blocker, finished with barely 200 yards, and is 30 years old. Why?

Not having a tight end who can be even slightly reliable along with Tannehills struggle to throw the ball to the sidelines really hurt this year.

Working off the above note, our top three tight ends combined for 1,524 snaps, about 90 per game. They had 646 yards. 

Our non AJ and Julio receivers had 1,737 snaps and had 1,117 yards.

I did all of this math for no real reason other than I’ve been drinking and am bored. But those numbers are bad.

Though I ended up at this. Tannehill averaged 8.5 yards per attempt to AJ and Julio. And 6.4 yards per attempt to literally anyone else. So maybe get more competent receiving options and fewer incompetent receiving options. That’d be my plan.

• Like 1

these are a few big ifs. but IF autry doesn't decline, and IF we bring back landry, and (the biggest IF of all) IF caleb farley has a strong sophomore outing, this defense will be one of the best in football. and even if there are some issues, it'll still be pretty solid. there is a ton of talent there, and for that i have to hand it to vrabel and j-rob: they did a stellar job executing a pretty monumental turnaround.

the problem of course is that the offense is in total flux. we all know we're riding with tannehill next year, like it or not. but we're looking at an OL rebuild (at least partially), DESPERATELY need TE and WR talent, and perhaps most important of all, need a goddamn coordinator who knows how to use them. and the problem i see is that some of these issues like sending NWI and 3 TEs out there to run the ball have persisted across coordinators- obviously things are MUCH worse with downing but i have no idea if vrabel has the chops to do what needs to be done on that side of the ball. i sure hope so.

9 hours ago, titans0021 said:

This is entirely irrelevant but I’m going to use this thread to post random thoughts that don’t fit elsewhere.

Racey McMath had 108 offensive snaps this year and finished with two catches for eight yards on six targets. And we couldn’t find opportunities for Josh Reynolds to see the field.

On this note, we drafted Dez Fitzpatrick over Amon-Ra St. Brown... why, exactly?

Went back and looked at 2020-21 Ryan highlights. 

The problem isn't just INTs this year, it's the consistent failure of the offense to be consistent.  If that makes sense.
Too often they were burdened by "slow starts" or points where they just disappeared and couldn't convert. 
Thinking about last year Browns game, the Steelers game(s).  Then we have to try to feverishly comeback (Which he has done a lot). 

I want to say it's the OC in Downing, which is partly true. But it dates back to Arthur Smith too. Maybe it's the run first style to makes it easier to defend and get behind the chains. Then try to pass using elementary route combos you fail. 

But that's a problem for me too. Just the times where the offense seems to have left the building, happens too often. 

9 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Geoff Swaim had 715 snaps spread out across 16 games. 45 snaps per game. He’s not a particularly good blocker, finished with barely 200 yards, and is 30 years old. Why?

I have two buddies that enjoy sports betting and often took the over/under on Swaim's projected 25 yards/game prop.

all in hopes for the big SWAIM GAME

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

On this note, we drafted Dez Fitzpatrick over Amon-Ra St. Brown... why, exactly?

I have a feeling that the Covid restrictions on player interviews and interactions have really messed with this FO’s draft process. They took a lit of odd choices, but usually it’s with players they were able to have a lot of interaction with.

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I’m posting this anytime St. Brown is mentioned here. Still dumbfounded we passed on him and I’m not speaking from hindsight.

On 2/28/2021 at 7:24 AM, TitanSlim said:

The more research I do, the more I think Amon-Ra St. Brown is the WR we’d pick if he’s there, in say the 2nd round. “Toughness”, “good route runner”, “great hands”, “big time YAC ability”are all things you’ll see said about him. All things that fit the WR profile we’re looking for.

Plus he was a team captain and from everything said about him is a high character guy. Something that means everything after the Wilson stuff.

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Why that play is in the play book is maddening. 

against single high every time....what is that even supposed to do, jesus. the receiver's a sitting duck for the safety every single time. the whole point of yankee and its variants is that you force the safety into a high/low with a post above the dig. i'm not a film expert but to my layman's eye it sure looks like todd downing took that concept and removed the thing that makes it work lmao

Edited by -Hope-