The "Let it out" thread

deeluxx3

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Ryan and Downing were bad looking at this.

Ryan missed things. Downing poor design

https://youtu.be/VhYSLcCZiZU

https://youtu.be/ChHB4UHdzCw

literally the first two plays in the first video are such a perfect example of this mess.

first play: horrendous execution by tannehill. stares down his guy the entire way. doesn't hold the safety. this is basic, basic stuff you expect out of any starting-caliber QB.

second play: consistent pattern with downing this year to never have a hot read available for tannehill. they're bringing the house and we have everyone running upfield, nowhere for the QB to throw. not sure how much of this is on tannehill too, if he has the freedom to tell one of his guys to run hot and just blew it there. but man, this happens so often and it's so basic.

just feels like so many other passing offenses are playing chess and we're stuck on checkers.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I refuse to watch a single play from the loss. Not interested in watching any breakdowns of anything.

it’s time to start preparing ourselves for life after Ryan Wentz and Todd Downing. We must. 

I was the same. Lol 

I'm summary he said Ryan was late. Didn't move the defender. Made some good throws but left plays out there 

Said the design was very questionable. Receivers going to the same spot too often. 

Said NWI ran a good route but would have like to see him run it differently to avoid the DB squatting on it. 

On 1/26/2022 at 9:55 PM, KingTitan said:

Field looked great. Uniforms was popping. 
Crowd sounded great.

When Henry came out, I honestly almost shed a tear because I was so hype that we were going to win this mutha.

In the deepest, darkest corners of my heart, I knew that this was all shaping up to be egg on our face. But I kept that part suppressed, telling myself "this time is different, we're not the same old Titans, we'll win this game and have home field."

Narrator: He was lying to himself.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2022 at 7:02 PM, deeluxx3 said:

I refuse to watch a single play from the loss. Not interested in watching any breakdowns of anything.

it’s time to start preparing ourselves for life after Ryan Wentz and Todd Downing. We must. 

Personally I'm preparing to mentally check out for a couple of years until we move past Tannehill. This team will not achieve anything in the post-season so long as he's at the helm. Can we win the division? Sure. Even get the one seed again. But we aren't doing jack ******* **** while he's quarterback, and his opportunity to showcase himself and prove the haters wrong, just completely blew up in his face.

I'm going to bounce out again before I make myself angry lol. As someone else has said, 13-3 2008 was sadness. This past season? Anger for that playoff loss. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I believe in Tannehill and don't think we're close to a life after him.

Titans fans refuse to move on from Mariota after he sucked *** for 5 years, but wanna move on from Tannehill after a few bad games. He's just not a sexy QB.

A few bad games is a nice way to say "On the field he single-handidly gave the Bengals victory as a result of his three turnovers and ended our playoff run"

If he ever showed the ability to just purely ball out in the playoffs, that's one thing. But all he's shown he's capable of is a couple of good deep throws, and that's it. He's been a bigger deteriment to the team than positive.

17 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I believe in Tannehill and don't think we're close to a life after him.

Titans fans refuse to move on from Mariota after he sucked *** for 5 years, but wanna move on from Tannehill after a few bad games. He's just not a sexy QB.

Pretty much.

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

A few bad games is a nice way to say "On the field he single-handidly gave the Bengals victory as a result of his three turnovers and ended our playoff run"

If he ever showed the ability to just purely ball out in the playoffs, that's one thing. But all he's shown he's capable of is a couple of good deep throws, and that's it. He's been a bigger deteriment to the team than positive.

He had a really bad game against the Bengals and we most likely win if he even plays to his average ability. Not gonna argue that.

The bold is just an outright joke. The best the Titans have ever been as an offense just happened to come when Tannehill took over at QB.

You're basing an entire argument off a 5 game sample size, which makes it really difficult to make any accurate conclusions.

He does need to play better in the playoffs, but a tiny sample size doesn't suggest he's not capable of doing so, and he's undoubtedly our best option at QB out of any other available options.

There have been games when Tannehill has completely balled out. He's certainly capable of doing so, just like he's capable of making boneheaded mistakes from time to time.

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

5 game sample size is plenty enough to figure out what a guy is going to do in the playoffs. Or do you expect to suddenly see him transform into cool, calm, and collected Tom Brady next year?

I expect that literally anything can happen because it's 5 games and we have a much larger body of work to look at when evaluating him. I'm not aware of any data that suggests players are different in the playoffs than they are on the regular season. For the most part, the games aren't that much different, so there's no reason to suggest he can't do in the playoffs what he can do in the regular season.

It's not like what we saw against the Bengals accurately represents what he has been for the Titans the majority of the time he has been here.

I get that people are emotional about the game and want to hang him for it, I was too at the time, but I'd rather be rational and look at everything he's done, as opposed to digging in my heels on my knee-jerk reaction and then looking for affirmation that I'm correct.

Edited by TitanSS