2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Coach Mac talked about it and explained it pretty well. 

You eventually do have to address it. 

I think. Lol. 

But he recommended not doing it to players you don't have long term plans for. Or 

You are in a situation where you are stuck like Tannehill. 

You're never actually stuck though, as players can't refuse restructures. So in the event you wind up with a Tannehill(or at least Tannehill is a viable starter, so lets say you end up with some player who just went to **** after giving them a big deal)-like situation, you just restructure everyone around them when you get hit with their cap number.

Nothing stopping any team from just doing that over and over. Look at the Saints. Everyone said "oh, this is finally the year the cap catches up to them", and here they are, in prime position to add Deshaun Watson's contract and not even slightly worried about fitting it.

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

This is how the cap works & to your point yes it’s a myth however it works in favor of really wealthy owners. When you restructure a contract you’re converting backend salary & kicking up front like a signing bonus, okay that money goes into an escrow account so basically cutting a check guarantees money is there, from what I’ve been hearing past few yrs the adams family are kinda dysfunctional Money wise like everyone has their hand in the pot, so In a way I kinda believe it because how we go about restructures. My opinion we could’ve easily kept Julio he was guaranteed 15 mill okay give him an extension to lower his cap hit but keep the guaranteed money between 10-15 mill some like a 2yr extension 3 yr 48 mill concert his guaranteed money into a signing bonus up front & lower his cap hit. 

I’m well aware of how the cap works

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

You're never actually stuck though, as players can't refuse restructures. So in the event you wind up with a Tannehill(or at least Tannehill is a viable starter, so lets say you end up with some player who just went to **** after giving them a big deal)-like situation, you just restructure everyone around them when you get hit with their cap number.

Nothing stopping any team from just doing that over and over. Look at the Saints. Everyone said "oh, this is finally the year the cap catches up to them", and here they are, in prime position to add Deshaun Watson's contract and not even slightly worried about fitting it.

Again it’s about what size check the owner is willing to cut & kick it to escrow this is not a JRob issue he has to get the owner to sign off first they have to cut the check 

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

wouldn't even necessarily have a problem with us sitting on our hands if we had kept julio, but since we didn't...what exactly is the point here?

Yea. Just weird to do that and restructure Cunningham. 

Maybe they have a trade in the works and didn't want to spend high salary on Robinson or Juju?

Idk 🤔 I am lost. 

Not that these things always come out but we are not even rumored in any of these signings. 

Titans don’t seem to be in on many free agent WRs

If the goal was to surround Tannehill with weapons we are failing miserably so far lol 

Maybe the Titans really are trying to trade for someone but outside of Lockett I really don’t know who is available that we would be looking at 

I know there is the possibility of getting someone in the draft but we aren’t guaranteed anything where we are picking 

JuJu is an easy guy to add but also is injury prone the last few seasons 

Glaring WR and TE needs 

JRob usually plays it slow let’s see what he’s cooking up 

I'm 100 percent certain the Titans aren't doing nothing in free agency.

It'll be fine.  Keep in mind, every season, the big offseason winners don't amount to anything.

Hell, 99% of the time it's either the Jags or the Browns that improved the most in the offseason.  And we know what powerhouses they are.

They certainly aren't doing nothing. Retaining Landry and Jones was big.

But the holes at WR and TE, and the lack of a 2nd round pick, makes the silence on those fronts confusing so far.

And depending on how we view Radunz/Brewer, we might need to sign a starter at either T or G too. Lewan-Brewer-Jones-Davis-Radunz is a possible line, but if Radunz isn't put at T and we instead put him at LG and keep Brewer as the swing IOL, we're lacking a starting option there.

Can't go in to the draft with impact players missing at 3 different positions and expect to fill them with only 1 true "expected starter" pick(though 3rd rounders can sometimes be that).

Still time, but need to do something before the run on WRs starts. It's already begun on TEs.

18 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

They certainly aren't doing nothing. Retaining Landry and Jones was big.

But the holes at WR and TE, and the lack of a 2nd round pick, makes the silence on those fronts confusing so far.

And depending on how we view Radunz/Brewer, we might need to sign a starter at either T or G too. Lewan-Brewer-Jones-Davis-Radunz is a possible line, but if Radunz isn't put at T and we instead put him at LG and keep Brewer as the swing IOL, we're lacking a starting option there.

Can't go in to the draft with impact players missing at 3 different positions and expect to fill them with only 1 true "expected starter" pick(though 3rd rounders can sometimes be that).

Still time, but need to do something before the run on WRs starts. It's already begun on TEs.

seems like we're gonna do the same thing we've done the last several offseasons and fill *most* of our needs but leave an absolutely gaping hole at a really important position and let it kill us. the nashville special, baby!

• Like 1