2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

I am not saying I think this way at all, just curious to the thoughts here

Ok, I didn’t want to come out and say it because I know it’s not popular but I was thinking the same thing.

I actually wouldn’t mind if we have a “down” year if it means positioning ourselves to get a true franchise QB. I know I’m in the minority here though.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Ok, I didn’t want to come out and say it because I know it’s not popular but I was thinking the same thing.

I actually wouldn’t mind if we have a “down” year if it means positioning ourselves to get a true franchise QB. I know I’m in the minority here though.

I am with ya. 

We don't have the roster to be waiting a year. You have to start worrying about regression in key guys like Henry, Lewan, Jones and Autry. Unless we plan to dump the run game is key attitude for the offense, expecting to be able to compete in 2023 is probably asking for disaster, and Autry was a huge part of our successful pass rush last year.

It’s hilarious that so much of the main figures of Titans Twitter want to bash the fan base for panicking and then one of them wants to float that out there.

No, I can say with complete confidence that we are not aiming for a waste year where we clear no salary, still end up drafting in the 20s, and watch our veteran roster get a year older. If we thought 22 was a waste year, we’d clear contracts (starting with Tannehill) to give us as much cap carryover and the best pick possible for 23. No matter my pessimistic tendencies, that is absolutely not how Robinson is viewing things. Because it’s the dumbest way to handle an NFL season imaginable.

Yea I definitely don't think Jrob has the mindset of having a "down year" and keeping cap spending low to get ready for next year's draft. I just think I wouldn't mind having a down year to be in position to get a young guy after this Tannehill contract. Is it a perfect mindset as a fan, maybe not. I just want a young guy we can build around.

I really think Jrob probably tried to pull talent around Tannehill so far, I just don't think dudes want to willingly come into our situation. Tannehills flop and an offense that isn't built to feed targets to a number two receiver doesn't help.

We are I just between a rock and a hard place. Sucks. Just going to be a weird year.

Yea WR not coming here all comes down to the type offense we run.. I’m sure we been in contact with WRs.. they knw they not gone get a lot of targets and are going to be 2nd fiddle to AJ. We don’t even give AJ enough targets let alone spread it around to multiple WRs.. We will never be a WR destination until we change our offense. 

Hopefully Kelly can add some juice to our passing game and we can become more of a balanced team

Edited by 615finest