Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If this is true then Eberflus is the only real option...would love Caldwell on his staff somewhere but that's it...

Terrible three to be choosing from...but again if true.

Caldwell is a legit option and would be good for Fields development.

Frazier is a pathetic choice and would essentially be punting on Fields career.

Eberflus can coach. If he walked in with a legit OC… I would be very interested 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I pretty much agree with this.

Let's be real though. Albert Breer has been off the mark quite a bit so far with his claims so I won't believe any of this until it happens

Still think that other guys like Daboll Leftwich & Bowles have a shot 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Caldwell is just too old to be a head coach man...as an OC or AHC/QB coach I would be happy with that choice...we need someone with intensity to lead this team for hopefully years to come...Caldwell would be done after 3 or 4 years max.

it's Leslie f'in Frazier -- unless he brings some GOD in as offensive coordinator -- I'm done.

Mark it down. I ******* have bled navy and orange for this franchise for the past 30 years. I had more God damned fun cheering on the Bills last night than I did watching almost any Bears game this season. How f'd is that?

It's the same incompetent **** over and Over and OVER. Our ownership has no God damned idea what they are doing, none. Last time we passed the buck to Ernie Accorsi, who I'm sure did his best, but once the process was completed he had zero skin in the game -- ZERO accountability.

So now we predictably do this again, except Bill Polian is involved. He's a Hall of Famer and has forgotten more about football than all of us combined have ever known... but can we really trust him to not have an Indy bias or any type of bias toward 'his guys'? This all just ******* reeks of nepotism and ineptitude having dirty, stanky sex.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Why and how? Dude is 67 and his last year in the league was 2019.

This is Billy Boy throwing his old dog a bone at our expense.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Frazier is soft man...completely and utterly not what we need.

Are you kidding?  It was all on display last night, all the reasons he'd he perfect for this franchise.  The Bears identity is deeply rooted in playing close ball before getting your teeth kicked in by a HOF QB.  That's the kind of thing that I really connect with.   I want _nothing_ to do with the guy who turned Josh Allen into the ******* Terminator we saw last night, that's the kind of stuff that means you have to work in January. 

• Like 2

Eberflus I could talk myself into liking. His OC would be as important as he is though. And if the Bears get good QB play then 5 teams would be offering that guy a HC gig. 

Caldwell is a solid assistant choice but he is a terrible choice as HC for us IMO. Would be an upgrade from Nagy but that's not saying much. I'd be totally let down.

Frazier would just be horrific.