Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Do you worry at all about the way he flaked out on the Colts?

Not really...the fact was he and Chris Ballard didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things...Andrew Luck needed more surgery and was serious about retirement and the Pats offered to up his salary to pretty much so a HC level and Belichick offered to teach him even more about being a HC...I just don't think the Colts was the right opportunity for him and if there is one thing I do believe about McDaniels is he has the selfishness that a lot of top top professionals have...he isn't going to put himself in a bad position like he did in Denver...

I suspect McDaniels would command control over personnel decisions to leave NE again...I would be ready to give him that to come here and develop Fields as well as the rest of this offence.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but the more I watch Daboll the more overrated he looks. he has no balance in offense. How do you not call a single run play with a RB when playing against the GOAT Qb? The idea of running the ball is to run clock and keep him off the field. 

You make a good point. I haven't been too impressed with Daboll lately. He seems very Nagy'ish lately with his over tendency to pass the ball. Offense has also looked disorganized and out of sync. It's concerning 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Do you worry at all about the way he flaked out on the Colts?

Or the way he crashed and burned so badly in Denver that it took Peyton Manning to resurrect what was left after that?

But such things are never a worry for some in their world of being a make believe GM where reality and past history never seems to intrude.  They prefer to keep the blinds closed and the curtains drawn.  Realities can be such a distraction. 😆

11 hours ago, topwop1 said:

You make a good point. I haven't been too impressed with Daboll lately. He seems very Nagy'ish lately with his over tendency to pass the ball. Offense has also looked disorganized and out of sync. It's concerning 

He's not the droid we are looking for.

Star-Wars-A-New-Hope-Obi-Wan-Kenobi.jpg

32 minutes ago, soulman said:

Or the way he crashed and burned so badly in Denver that it took Peyton Manning to resurrect what was left after that?

But such things are never a worry for some in their world of being a make believe GM where reality and past history never seems to intrude.  They prefer to keep the blinds closed and the curtains drawn.  Realities can be such a distraction. 😆

Or we could move on from a decade ago and judge the guy on his merits and progression based on what he now shows...

If you don't move on and only focus on the past you end up targeting some out of touch old man who's footballing views are irrelevant and offer nothing to the modern day NFL which is all about progression...you know?...like Leslie Frazier.

3 minutes ago, soulman said:

Or we don't and decide instead on a coach who believes in making an honest commitment then sticks with it.  Leopards spots don't change.  They are who they are.

Or someone who is smart enough that when the parameters change and he has all the information makes a decision to put himself in the best position to win and not repeat past mistakes of taking a job that doesn't fit...football is not won by nice guys and we need to get ourselves away from this thinking...it's won by guys who do whatever it takes to be the best...give me that guy over a nice guy like Nagy any day of the week.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

football is not won by nice guys and we need to get ourselves away from this thinking...it's won by guys who do whatever it takes to be the best...give me that guy over a nice guy like Nagy any day of the week.

Nail. Head.

• Like 1

Or someone who is smart enough that when the parameters change and he has all the information makes a decision to put himself in the best position to win and not repeat past mistakes of taking a job that doesn't fit...football is not won by nice guys and we need to get ourselves away from this thinking...it's won by guys who do whatever it takes to be the best...give me that guy over a nice guy like Nagy any day of the week.

Agreed. Just like the old saying goes if you're not cheating then you're not doing everything you can to win.

Be obsessed with winning not with just building a friendly working environment where everyone gets participation trophies for building a great culture with collaboration.

George and Ted need to get out of their comfort zone and take a chance on an alpha personality that will challenge them and the entire organization to be better

• Like 1

football is not won by nice guys and we need to get ourselves away from this thinking...it's won by guys who do whatever it takes to be the best...give me that guy over a nice guy like Nagy any day of the week.

I've never posted anything about hiring "nice guys".  Matt Nagy is a nice guy whose team seems to like him.  To me he's like ol' Ed McCaskey whom Bears players also loved but whom GSH continually called the dumbest SOB he'd ever met and he was.

I loved Mike Ditka and Buddy Ryan.  Neither would ever be seen as "nice guys' in terms of how they coached.  Neither was George Halas.  It's guys like that I want to see us hire but Josh McDip isn't that kind of guy at all.  He's an arrogant prick and always has been.

The trouble is the McCaskeys seem to like "nice guys" so that's who they've hired and except for Lovie why we haven't been a winning team under McCaskey ownership.  So don't talk to me about it.  Address your concerns to Halas Hall. Tell 'em you want YOUR guy.

Just now, soulman said:

I've never posted anything about hiring "nice guys".  Matt Nagy is a nice guy whose team seems to like him.  To me he's like ol' Ed McCaskey whom Bears players also loved but whom GSH continually called the dumbest SOB he'd ever met and he was.

I loved Mike Ditka and Buddy Ryan.  Neither would ever be seen as "nice guys' in terms of how they coached.  Neither was George Halas.  It's guys like that I want to see us hire but Josh McDip isn't that kind of guy at all.  He's an arrogant prick and always has been.

The trouble is the McCaskeys seem to like "nice guys" so that's who they've hired and except for Lovie why we haven't been a winning team under McCaskey ownership.  So don't talk to me about it.  Address your concerns to Halas Hall. Tell 'em you want YOUR guy.

I forgot you know him personally 😂...

And talking about it is sort of what we do here.

24 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

George and Ted need to get out of their comfort zone and take a chance on an alpha personality that will challenge them and the entire organization to be better

Yeah, they do.  But good luck getting THEM to do it.

This is just one of the many reasons why both Teddy and GMcC desperately need to step away and turn all football ops over to someone who can deal with Type A personalities and those driven to win at all costs.

I'm sick and tired of watching another arrogant prick butt **** us twice a year and smirk while he's doing it.  If that isn't enough for Teddy and GMcC to throw up their hands and make a massive change well then nothing is.

• Like 1