Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

My take on that sort of scenario tilts firmly towards "hard to say". And then you have to wonder if that would affect ownership's handling of Pace? 

Kind of a loaded situation - if they’d fire Pace for certain candidates but not for others then ownership is effectively hiring the coach. Not sure how I should feel about that.

They could circumvent the whole situation very easily though… 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Via Rapoport on Josh McDaniels...

“Would he go to a place that already has a GM? I would have my doubts there,” Rapoport said. “If he’s going to do it, he’s going to do it his way. He’s going to do it properly. He’s going to do it with the right structure and personnel. I would imagine he’d go to a place where there’s not a current GM in place. The Raiders would make some sense. We’ll see what happens with the Vikings.”

Fire Pace just now.

I would agree with that take.  Why would McDaniels leave NE where he is a prince in waiting for a situation where someone he doesn’t know can screw him over?  

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

What does Pace do as President?

It's absurd. Moving Pace to a new role does not make any sense to me

Some people say he should be moved to the business side to handle to new stadium project and all that while they hire a new GM but that doesn't add up. Do they really love the guy that much ?

Pace has been trained his whole career to be an NFL talent evaluator and now all of a sudden he's an expert in business and real estate construction?

That would be just as foolish as keeping him as GM IMO

The McCaskey's just need to start fresh. It's the right thing to do

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Some people say he should be moved to the business side to handle to new stadium project and all that while they hire a new GM but that doesn't add up. Do they really love the guy that much ?

Pace has been trained his whole career to be an NFL talent evaluator and now all of a sudden he's an expert in business and real estate construction?

But then Pace wouldn’t be George’s BFF anymore.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

What does Pace do as President?

What Phillips did? I guess? Maybe he'd have some input in personnel, like Elway did in Denver?

42 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't think anybody around here is claiming it does make any sense. Keeping Pace and Nagy after the 2020 season didn't make any sense either. 

I suppose there IS some value in getting rid of Phillips, even if you replace him with Pace--but it's still clown car shenanigans. As you say later in your post, they should just start over. 

38 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

But then Pace wouldn’t be George’s BFF anymore.

We have a winner! 

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I think we all pretty much are in step with that but Halas Hall is run by buffoons. 

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I think we all pretty much are in step with that but Halas Hall is run by buffoons. 

Yup.. and the latest news to come out that former Bears great center Olin Kreutz was offered $15 per hr to assist with the OL coaching is just further proof of this

I thought the Bears did a good job at shedding their bad reputation of being cheap over the past several years but this surely doesn't help now 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Yup.. and the latest news to come out that former Bears great center Olin Kreutz was offered $15 per hr to assist with the OL coaching is just further proof of this

I thought the Bears did a good job at shedding their bad reputation of being cheap over the past several years but this surely doesn't help now 

Wow, that's just awful. This team gets harder and harder to support every day.

6 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Wow, that's just awful. This team gets harder and harder to support every day.

If/when Pace is kept 🤮 someone needs to ask him about this. If he’s not kept, someone needs to ask George about this. This stuff defines their image around the league from who wants to work for them, who wants to play here, etc., no matter how much they spend in salary. I’m not suggesting they need to throw money around like dollars at a strip club, but man… 

Edited by AZBearsFan

27 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Vic Fangio Fired in Denver...

Whoever our next HC is they will hopefully make a strong push to hire Fangio.

Would be sweet if he came back My guess is that wherever Harbaugh lands is where Vic goes.  

Either the Raiders or us

• Like 1