What’s the best package we could get for Rodgers?

fattlipp

48 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Not so fast? I've been saying this since last summer before he went out and won another MVP. Rodgers is staying and Love is going. It's not an endorsement necessarily (though I'd do the same if I were the Packers), just a factual statement of what's going to happen.

Confidence noted  👍

• Like 1

Ol Rodg has failed with a stuffed cast.  He sure isn't going to be any better at age 39 with a diminished cast.

This team is about to get younger, even if we keep the old guy.  It is beginning to look more likely he will b part of the youth movement.  My facts are (and they're constantly in flux) 50% chance ol Rodg is back with a team friendly extension, 40% chance he is traded, which still leaves 10% chance he chucks it and retires.  If he doesn't like the first two options, a complicated fella like him is plenty capable of doing just that.

Rebuild

Rodgers, Adams

for

Denvers 2022 1st, 2-2nds, 3-3rds, Chubb, Jeudy, and Albert O and a conditional 2023  (1st to 3rd based on SB, Playoffs, or Nada)

Allows us to cut the Smiths and go ahead with Gary and Chubb. We draft that elite Safety Hamilton with 9, an injured elite WR  like London with our late 1st and tank 2022 and get an early 1st, and go HAM on 2023 in FAs to but a couple DL. get a better pick ala the Bengals throwing 2020… and sitting Mixon when Burrow was sidelined.

Edited by fattlipp

14 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Not so fast? I've been saying this since last summer before he went out and won another MVP. Rodgers is staying and Love is going. It's not an endorsement necessarily (though I'd do the same if I were the Packers), just a factual statement of what's going to happen.

I will concede that I am less enthusiastic about going a few more rounds with Rodgers come playoff time. But in the end, he gives them the best chance to get to the tournament and you just hope he gets over his mental hurdles. Or at least enough to win the way they did in 2010.

Why does Love have to be gone?  I mean you do realize right that he still has two guaranteed years left on his rookie contract and a 5th year option they could use by which time Rodgers will probably be retired anyway.

Obviously if Rodgers stays, and he's indicated he's buried the hatchet with Gute and Murphy which leads me to believe he'll have probably one more go here, we will have to move on from certain players.  But I think it'd be premature to dump Love already when he's not a high cost player, and doing so means we gotta dump whatever development progress we made from him and try to strike gold in this year or next years draft.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:18 AM, wgbeethree said:

Nope. This is revisionist memory at absolute best. I was there at the first Rodgers preseason game. He got booed. HARD. I was here during that time.  There's zero percent chance things were "split". It was ugly.. Rodgers was getting way less support than Love does now. 

Think part of the problem is us fans just tend to put mental blocks on awful seasons like 2005, which is why despite his incompetence Mike Sherman still doesn't get the flack he deserves for it.  Obviously Rodgers's entrance into this league was painful to watch, but then again Favre also had the worst year of his career that season and our injury ridden team was just straight up awful.  Thank god we cleaned that mess up in just two years, and not coincidentally Rodgers started hitting his bearings about the same time.

14 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Rebuild

Rodgers, Adams

for

Denvers 2022 1st, 2-2nds, 3-3rds, Chubb, Jeudy, and Albert O and a conditional 2023  (1st to 3rd based on SB, Playoffs, or Nada)

Allows us to cut the Smiths and go ahead with Gary and Chubb. We draft that elite Safety Hamilton with 9, an injured elite WR  like London with our late 1st and tank 2022 and get an early 1st, and go HAM on 2023 in FAs to but a couple DL. get a better pick ala the Bengals throwing 2020… and sitting Mixon when Burrow was sidelined.

If they're getting Rodgers AND Adams, I want both of their FRPs next year and Jeudy plus more picks.

Washington said they would trade Young for ARod.

would you take Chase Young and a 1st for Rodgers.

go 4-3 with

Young,Clark,,(Devonte Wyatt 1-29), Gary…

Barnes,Campbell,(Nakobe Dean 1-11)

Alexander, Stokes, Douglass, Amos, Savage

SD State punter

thats a top 3 D.

Edited by fattlipp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fattlipp said:

go 4-3 with

SD State punter

thats a top 3 D.

Very tempting...a bit more please.   But would we have to trade Clements with him?

My first sentence I'm dead serious.  2nd kidding of course, sort of.  Reality is Rodg would never go there and he would have to agree to an extension.

3 hours ago, fattlipp said:

go 4-3 with

SD State punter

thats a top 3 D.

I missed the press release where Washington said they would trade Young for ARod.