Packerraymond 2022 Mock Offseason V1

Packerraymond

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

there are 3 different tags that can be used

• franchise tag
    • exclusive -- 1 year value at the average of top 5 at player position or 120% of prior salary.  player cannot negotiate with other teams
    • non-exclusive -- 1 year value at the average of top 5 at player position or 120% of prior salary BUT player is able to negotiate with other teams on a longer term contract.  Original team has right to match a contract offer or receive 2 first round picks 
  • transition tag -- original team has right to match a contract offer, if the team does not match, there is no compensation to the original team

So this is my confusion. @Packerraymond applied a tag. Davante was allowed to negotiate with another team. The Packers then refused to match the offer. Either he used the Non exclusive franchise tag and got two first round picks, or he used the transition tag and got no picks. But that's not what appeared to happen.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

After watching that special teams fail video, I'm not sure Bojo is a very good punter. I would like to see them bring in some competition. Otherwise excellent! Thanks for doing this!

Bojo is just JK Scott only harder to pronounce.

Enjoyed the effort. Threw up a little when I read Colt McCoy.  I don't think he's going to help anymore that Benkert will give us.

18 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

So this is my confusion. @Packerraymond applied a tag. Davante was allowed to negotiate with another team. The Packers then refused to match the offer. Either he used the Non exclusive franchise tag and got two first round picks, or he used the transition tag and got no picks. But that's not what appeared to happen.

It's an exclusive tag designation, then he's traded. He's not signed away, but traded. We did this with Corey Williams in 2008 I believe. Many other teams have done it more recently I'm sure. 

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Tag and trade, not signed off the franchise tag itself. The cuts and extensions/re-structures should fit the tag, and then we get it all back post trade.

If I had to break it down, probably a 1,1,2,Fant for Rodgers and 2, Jeudy for Adams. 

That's a good trade .. the Broncos get perhaps best QB/WR duo in the NFL and the Packers get some talented young players and high picks to build around Jordan Love.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

After watching that special teams fail video, I'm not sure Bojo is a very good punter. I would like to see them bring in some competition. Otherwise excellent! Thanks for doing this!

I soured on him too ... can't hold either.  I thought he was pretty awesome early on, but they he struggled once the weather started to change.  He's no longer a must keep for me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I soured on him too ... can't hold either.  I thought he was pretty awesome early on, but they he struggled once the weather started to change.  He's no longer a must keep for me.

End of year games.

Outdoors:

Against BALT:  3 punts / avg 48.7 yds / 59 long
Against CLE:  5 punts / avg 47 yds / 56 long
Against SF:  5 punts / avg 47 yds / 59 long

Indoors:

Against DET: 1 punt / 35 yds (inside 20) / 35 long
Against MN: 2 punts / avg 31.5 yds / 39 long

He was 11th in the league in avg yards @ 46.5
He may have had his rough patches as holder, but I think him a decided improvement over Scott and hope we bring him back.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leader said:

End of year games.

Outdoors:

Against BALT:  3 punts / avg 48.7 yds / 59 long
Against CLE:  5 punts / avg 47 yds / 56 long
Against SF:  5 punts / avg 47 yds / 59 long

Indoors:

Against DET: 1 punt / 35 yds (inside 20) / 35 long
Against MN: 2 punts / avg 31.5 yds / 39 long

He was 11th in the league in avg yards @ 46.5
He may have had his rough patches as holder, but I think him a decided improvement over Scott and hope we bring him back.

I knew he had some crappy kicking days .. didn't realize it was indoor issues.  That's kind of weird.  Still, I don't think he's a must resign.

13 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I knew he had some crappy kicking days .. didn't realize it was indoor issues.  That's kind of weird.  Still, I don't think he's a must resign.

Dont know that he had bad kicking days on the indoors games. He was kicking with short fields.

MIN game: 2 punts

4th & 2 at GB 45 - (0:41 - 1st) C.Bojorquez punts 24 yards to MIN 31, Center-S.Wirtel, out of bounds.
4th & 10 at MIN 39 -  (1:56 - 4th) C.Bojorquez punts 39 yards to end zone, Center-S.Wirtel, Touchback.

DET game:  1 punt

4th & 17 at DET 42 -  (3:04 - 1st) C.Bojorquez punts 35 yards to DET 7, Center-S.Wirtel, fair catch by K.Raymond.

Could he have put the first MN punt a bit deeper? Sure - but I wouldnt classify it as a bad punt. They got first down on their 31.

Oh - I'm not saying he's a "must resign" either - but I'd sure like to have him back. I'm not certain, but I think the punt blocked in the playoff game was his first (?) - and it was hardly his fault IMO. Other than that.....he was more than steady enough for me.

Actually....just checked and he didnt have any punts blocked in the regular season.

Edited by Leader

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Dont know that he had bad kicking days on the indoors games. He was kicking with short fields.

MIN game: 2 punts

4th & 2 at GB 45 - (0:41 - 1st) C.Bojorquez punts 24 yards to MIN 31, Center-S.Wirtel, out of bounds.
4th & 10 at MIN 39 -  (1:56 - 4th) C.Bojorquez punts 39 yards to end zone, Center-S.Wirtel, Touchback.

DET game:  1 punt

4th & 17 at DET 42 -  (3:04 - 1st) C.Bojorquez punts 35 yards to DET 7, Center-S.Wirtel, fair catch by K.Raymond.

Could he have put the first MN punt a bit deeper? Sure - but I wouldnt classify it as a bad punt. They got first down on their 31.

Oh - I'm not saying he's a "must resign" either - but I'd sure like to have him back. I'm not certain, but I think the punt blocked in the playoff game was his first (?) - and it was hardly his fault IMO. Other than that.....he was more than steady enough for me.

Actually....just checked and he didnt have any punts blocked in the regular season.

He was inconsistent.  His day inside at Minnesota was as bad as it gets.  Shanks one for 24 yards and drills the other one 39 yards into the endzone.  The board was tired of Scott's inconsistency,  Bojo was only slightly better.  Nothing more than minimum.  Would be fine pulling in a new punter.

49 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

He was inconsistent.  His day inside at Minnesota was as bad as it gets.  Shanks one for 24 yards and drills the other one 39 yards into the endzone.  The board was tired of Scott's inconsistency,  Bojo was only slightly better.  Nothing more than minimum.  Would be fine pulling in a new punter.

Wasn't the switch from Scott to Bojo when Crosby started to miss kicks too?  

It was time for Scott to go.  I feel pretty much the same about Bojo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Funny....I didnt pick up on Bojo being a problem....whereas JK often had "WTF" moments...that actually costs us. 

Is there room for improvement? He was ranked 11th in the league in avg yards (JK was 18th) - he was better in avg yards, net yards, touch backs, inside the 20, blocked punts (he didnt have any), avg return yards and fair catches - which pretty much covers it all from a punting perspective - so - he was an improvement all the way around.

Could we do better? Sure, I guess....but I'd be fine if we can get him to return. He was above average "league-wise" and he didnt cost us any games with a bad or muffed punt. 

17 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

It's an exclusive tag designation, then he's traded. He's not signed away, but traded. We did this with Corey Williams in 2008 I believe. Many other teams have done it more recently I'm sure. 

I see. For those looking for a more detailed explanation

https://www.quora.com/In-the-NFL-if-a-person-is-franchise-tagged-can-they-be-traded

"So there are times when you can get trades in situations like that. Team A has this valuable asset, but maybe they can’t fit him under the cap, or a younger cheaper player emerged at the same position, or they’re about to go into a rebuild and want to stockpile draft picks, or the player and coach clash. So Team B says: we’re prepared to sign your guy, but if you’re going to insist on the two first-rounders, we’ll walk away and you’ll be stuck with an $18M WR we both know you can’t afford. But if you make it a 2nd and a 4th, we’ll take him. If the teams agree and if the player can hammer out an extension with Team B, the deal can get done."

For a history of players this has happened too:

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/lists/history-of-the-tag-and-trade-outcomes-for-franchise-players-and-teams/

Mostly pro bowl pass rushers. The only WR of note is Jarvis Landry, who was then traded for a 4th rounder in that draft and a 7th rounder the following year. Adams is a better talent than Landry, and Rodgers might demand him as a part of his agreement to sign, but a 2nd round pick and Jerry Jeudy would be a steep price.

Edited by pgwingman
  • Like 1

If Rodgers wants out and/or Packer brass decides to move on ... this scenario is pretty darn good IMO.  As been stated ad nauseam, Love is the HUGE question mark.  However, if he doesn't pan out in a year or two, there are different avenues with those draft picks/cap money to venture out otherwise.  I like what you have done. 

If 12 and Davante are traded and we have money, absoltely hate letting Za'Darius Smith and Preston Walk for nothing. If Z is healthy I absoltely want him back. Best playoff defensive performance with those guys in a decade and Gary in a decade and just break up the band? I think Ball can find a way to make it work if 12 and 17 are gone.

If 12 is gone, I think they do more than roll with Love and Colt Mccoy at QB.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

If 12 and Davante are traded and we have money, absoltely hate letting Za'Darius Smith and Preston Walk for nothing. If Z is healthy I absoltely want him back. Best playoff defensive performance with those guys in a decade and Gary in a decade and just break up the band? I think Ball can find a way to make it work if 12 and 17 are gone.

If 12 is gone, I think they do more than roll with Love and Colt Mccoy at QB.

The problem is that we don’t get the Rodgers/Adams cap savings until *after* they are traded. And in a lot of cases, Z and/or Preston are needed to be cut/traded in order to create enough cap space for Rogers’ $46m & Adams’ tag prior to when the clock strikes ‘midnight’ on the league year & free agency.

• Like 2