Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

Also, screw injury history, and (sorry Marshawn) screw homecoming/feel-good stories.

If Dion Lewis is willing to play for us for 5m/year over the next 3, I give it to him. One of the most elusive backs in the NFL and if paired with a 2 down grinder that we can likely find in FA or in the draft, I think he can really turn our run game up a notch. The RB market is saturated with 2 down re-treads (Martin, Crowell, Rawls, Darkwa, Blount, Hill, Morris, Stewart, Ivory) so if Lynch isnt willing to take a more reasonable salary, we could scoop one of them up on a 1 year deal. 

More importantly, I think 10 touches a game for someone like Dion could give our run/screen game some legitimate legs.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Huge cap number and he's been progressively worst since 2012. 

Wonder what this means for Suh? His cap figure is like 24 mil or something crazy. 

I think going back to 4-3 end should do him well just stay healthy and pencil in 12 sacks 

25 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

He would be going up against a TE and OT and that's what they don't want. 

But this wasn't his role in Oakland. He was the outermost edge guy on the right side. He very rarely, if ever, took on double teams.

9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

But this wasn't his role in Oakland. He was the outermost edge guy on the right side. He very rarely, if ever, took on double teams.

He was playing the strong side in the base and RE in the nickel.

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like Mathieu is potentially on his way out of ARZ. Shall we pair him with Joseph to create the smallest Safety tandem in league history. :D

I thought about the idea of trading Joseph and something else for him.  He'd be a total upgrade assuming he's healthy and Joseph still has value as an unknown.

Only problem with these trade ideas i.e. Honey Badger, Quinn, etc is the cap space situation.  I know Reggie has put is in good position with the way he's structured contracts, but we have a lot guys that need to get paid soon, and I don't want to end up too top heavy.  Maybe I'm crazy though.

40 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I thought about the idea of trading Joseph and something else for him.  He'd be a total upgrade assuming he's healthy and Joseph still has value as an unknown.

Only problem with these trade ideas i.e. Honey Badger, Quinn, etc is the cap space situation.  I know Reggie has put is in good position with the way he's structured contracts, but we have a lot guys that need to get paid soon, and I don't want to end up too top heavy.  Maybe I'm crazy though.

Who are you thinking of? Mack and Cooper? 

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Vinny Curry cut from Philly.

Surprised they went through with it even though Philly fans thought this wold happen. I’m a fan of Curry and think he’s a better natural pass rusher than Irvin even though there’s a big disparity in sack production.

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Surprised they went through with it even though Philly fans thought this wold happen. I’m a fan of Curry and think he’s a better natural pass rusher than Irvin even though there’s a big disparity in sack production.

If we could sign him, I'd be ok with cutting Irvin.

Archived