Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports impending free agent CB Trumaine Johnson is the Raiders' "No. 1 target."

Johnson isn't going back to the Rams after they traded for Marcus Peters. 28-year-old Johnson will get his first bite at free agency after getting franchise-tagged each of the previous two seasons. He'll be the No. 1 corner on the market and should have a variety of suitors. The Raiders are planning to overhaul their cornerback room and have already cut David Amerson, with Sean Smith likely next on the chopping block. Johnson (6'2/213) is a prime press-man corner.

16 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports impending free agent CB Trumaine Johnson is the Raiders' "No. 1 target."

Johnson isn't going back to the Rams after they traded for Marcus Peters. 28-year-old Johnson will get his first bite at free agency after getting franchise-tagged each of the previous two seasons. He'll be the No. 1 corner on the market and should have a variety of suitors. The Raiders are planning to overhaul their cornerback room and have already cut David Amerson, with Sean Smith likely next on the chopping block. Johnson (6'2/213) is a prime press-man corner.

Honestly that makes too much sense.  Pairing a vet like him with Conley to teach him to actually press would be pretty ideal.   Not to mention the fact that Johnson is really good already too.  Wonder what we'd do for CB3 then, but its not like there's a shortage of corners available. 

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Hopefully this is true, he’d be my no.1 target.

4 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Honestly that makes too much sense.  Pairing a vet like him with Conley to teach him to actually press would be pretty ideal.   Not to mention the fact that Johnson is really good already too.  Wonder what we'd do for CB3 then, but its not like there's a shortage of corners available. 

Makes lots of sense scheme wise and Conley wise, but there will be lots of questions and negotiation about the money aspect fo the move IMO.

Also our nickel CB spot will be interesting if we give high dollars to Johnson, because I doubt we give solid money to Carrie or someone else to be our nickel...

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

Makes lots of sense scheme wise and Conley wise, but there will be lots of questions and negotiation about the money aspect fo the move IMO.

Also our nickel CB spot will be interesting if we give high dollars to Johnson, because I doubt we give solid money to Carrie or someone else to be our nickel...

Hopefully we would draft a CB that could play nickel or play Conley there. 

I really like Isaiah Oliver as a CB prospect.

11 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

This is the best news I've heard. Johnson and Conely for the next 4 years would be great!

42 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Are we expecting the likes of Hudson, KO, Crabtree (assuming he stays) etc who all have contracts that have nothing guaranteed for 2018, to restructure their deals? If so we should make some savings shouldn’t we? 

I don't expect KO, or Hudson to. I think they're worth what they're getting paid. 

6 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I don't expect KO, or Hudson to. I think they're worth what they're getting paid. 

restructuring you get paid the same, just converts base from this year to guarantees the next year so the team can spend more in FA (but still pays you next what you "lost" this year, even if they cut you).

If we are in Vegas in 2019 they might "make" money restructuring into the future to get Nevada tax instead of CA tax.

Archived