Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

3 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Hell I wouldn't mind cutting Irvin and pushing hard for Ziggy

I have a feeling that man is going to get paid way more than we're willing than dish out. I'd love to land him though. 

Good news is the veteran LB market is plumping up. Lots to choose from. 

49 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Can't cut Irvin unless you have a backup plan IMO. He's a good not great player, but they need him 1 more season unless they sign a viable replacement. 

I'd take his money and sign Dion Jordan and a legit SLB. Oh and in this scenario re-sign Bowman and draft Roquan.

53 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I'd take his money and sign Dion Jordan and a legit SLB. Oh and in this scenario re-sign Bowman and draft Roquan.

Not sure we'd have enough of a pass rush.  I liked Jordan coming out, but I'm not sure I'd trust him as 2nd banana to Mack. I'm not even sure I trust Irvin in that spot tbh.  Maybe if we were a 3-4.

15 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Not sure we'd have enough of a pass rush.  I liked Jordan coming out, but I'm not sure I'd trust him as 2nd banana to Mack. I'm not even sure I trust Irvin in that spot tbh.  Maybe if we were a 3-4.

I know, but I wanted to leave my guy Hurst out of it, or not.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yes. After what he showed those last games, there is no way they let him get away without a fight. The 2nd rd tender amount is only 2.75mil. That is nothing for a good pass rusher and mitigates the risk with his off the field stuff.

Dang, I thought the rule only applied to players who were with their original team.  Probably should've known.

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Can't cut Irvin unless you have a backup plan IMO. He's a good not great player, but they need him 1 more season unless they sign a viable replacement. 

I disagree. A starting unit of James, Bowman, and Morrow is still very workable if the defensive line gets proper attention.

55 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We were rumored to be interested him in the past, but Doug Martin was just cut in TB. I wonder if Reggie takes a long look at him.

Haven't watched him play that much the last two seasons, but I see his numbers are terrible. 

Wonder if he's done.

Archived