Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

15 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Signing at least one veteran starting caliber corner needs to be the #1 priority heading into free agency. From the crop of currently available players, this is how I sort them out considering age, upside, and potential cost:

1) Kyle Fuller

2) E.J. Gaines

3) Rashaan Melvin

4) Trumaine Johnson

5) Bashaud Breeland

6) Malcolm Butler

7) T.J. Carrie

8) Ross Cockrell

9) Vontae Davis

10) Prince Amukamara

Give me Melvin and re-sign Carrie.

Gonna miss Seabass. Fan Favorite. Hope he just retires. 

Not saying we should keep him over Tavecchio, but I wasn't too impressed with him besides his amazing debut. 

Went 12/17 after that first game. Only missed the one extra point, but it was a big one. Bad snap if I recall though. 

I'm just not completely sold on Tavecchio. 

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/csn/raiders/Gruden_meeting_reinforces_TJ_Carrie_s_desire_to_remain_a_Raider-474101623.html

Soul searching wasn't required to realize his dream scenario. The East Bay native wants to stay in Oakland, with a Raiders team he loved as a kid.

"My intention is to be here," Carrie said. "I'm a Bay Area guy, a hometown kid. I couldn't see myself being anywhere else. This is a passion for me. I dreamed about playing for the Raiders for such a long time. Now that I've had the opportunity to play there for four years, I want to finish (with the Raiders)."

A week or 2 ago beat writers were saying he was all but gone too

12 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Gonna miss Seabass. Fan Favorite. Hope he just retires. 

Not saying we should keep him over Tavecchio, but I wasn't too impressed with him besides his amazing debut. 

Went 12/17 after that first game. Only missed the one extra point, but it was a big one. Bad snap if I recall though. 

I'm just not completely sold on Tavecchio. 

Compared to other teams kickers he was pretty solid. Look at the chargers or the bucs. Heck look at Gotscowski for the patriots. Get TDS and then it won’t matter who the kicker is. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Compared to other teams kickers he was pretty solid. Look at the chargers or the bucs. Heck look at Gotscowski for the patriots. Get TDS and then it won’t matter who the kicker is. 

Gostkowski had less misses on almost double the attempts.

I get what you're saying though, we could definitely have someone worse. 

On 2/14/2018 at 12:13 PM, big_palooka said:

Doesn't mean they should waste another year and 6 mil in salary on him. He was in it for the paycheck, celebrity and to hit 10K yard for his career. 

Fan boys are fooling themselves if they think Lynch is a team guy or anyone who actually cares about winning at this stage in his career. 

I both agree and disagree.

Depending on who we can get (FA + draft), I'm down with letting him walk. But I'd wait until I had someone in place first, personal preference. 

Show me a player that isn't in it for a paycheck, though. 

He's a big enough celebrity anyway.

No doubt he wanted to hit 10k career yards.

I don't think he's a team guy, but I'd stop short of saying he doesn't care about winning. 

Either way, I'm all in on drafting a guy. I'm all in on bringing a free agent in. I'm just not cutting Lynch until someone is firmly in place. I'm not well versed in contracts, so you may be able to help me on this, would we be losing anything cutting him after June 1? 

He'll need to restructure if he wants to come back. Doubt they will pay him 8+ mil.

My guess is, they try to restructure some of these guys to lower the cap figure. Take it or they are cut. Defense however is going to get an overhaul. Only player safe is Mack. Guenther is going to mold that to his standards.

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He'll need to restructure if he wants to come back. Doubt they will pay him 8+ mil.

My guess is, they try to restructure some of these guys to lower the cap figure. Take it or they are cut. Defense however is going to get an overhaul. Only player safe is Mack. Guenther is going to mold that to his standards.

That why we need Hurst. ;)

Archived