Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

11 hours ago, BABPITT said:

Heard the Steelers are listening to offers for Martavis Bryant

No brainer honestly. Top flight talent, if you could get him for a 4th, conditional 3rd perhaps in 2019 why not. He's got 2 years left on his rookie contract. Low risk, high reward. He messes up, you're not out any dead money. Get 2 solid years, see if he's grown up and he could walk in 2019 for a compensatory pick.

Also.... the WR class is pretty weak. So going to be digging deep to find a true talent. Cut Crab, save his money, trade for Bryant to be your outside guy. Coop your movement piece and draft another guy to bring up.

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

No brainer honestly. Top flight talent, if you could get him for a 4th, conditional 3rd perhaps in 2019 why not. He's got 2 years left on his rookie contract. Low risk, high reward. He messes up, you're not out any dead money. Get 2 solid years, see if he's grown up and he could walk in 2019 for a compensatory pick.

Also.... the WR class is pretty weak. So going to be digging deep to find a true talent. Cut Crab, save his money, trade for Bryant to be your outside guy. Coop your movement piece and draft another guy to bring up.

Sounds good to me.I just hope Reggie is reading this lol 

There are a couple oft-injured guys that could come in on one year deals a la Crabtree that I'd be very interested in:

Tyler Eifert - Like the idea of making him TE2, limiting his snaps because of his ultra-fragile nature

Danny Woodhead - old sure, but a prototype 3DRB that could fill the pass-catching back role in a Gruden offense. We'd be forced to choose between Washington and Richard, but I'm good with that. 

Beyond that, I think we *have* to sign one of Trumaine Johnson or Vontae Davis at CB, with Malcolm Butler or Aaron Colvin (if Carrie walks). Believe Carrie stays here though. Bowman as well. Think we'll take a look at Star, Poe, and Bennie Logan at DT. I'd also expect us to make a huge push for Sammy Watkins if he hits the UFA market. Really hope we don't retain Crabtree.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Actually only has one year left on his contract. 

So I wouldn't wanna give up much.

50 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't understand why Vontae Davis sounds interesting to some of you. To me, he's another Sean Smith.

At the right price, seems like a good reclamation. He was elite in IND before injuries got to him. Obviously not paying him 10m a year over 4 years, but on a prove it deal, or a frontloaded 2-3 year deal? I'd buy then. 

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

There's must higher risk than you realize trading a relatively high pick for Bryant while also cutting Crabtree. He's proven he's a volatile personality and is a persistent suspension risk. He's also not a complete receiver with arguably worse hands than both Crabtree and Cooper. There's no way I trade for Bryant without having another quality receiver to go along with Cooper.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't understand why Vontae Davis sounds interesting to some of you. To me, he's another Sean Smith.

Agree. More of the last 5 years. Vet CB who's best football is long behind him. In this case, banged up and hasn't been good in a couple years. 

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

Actually only has one year left on his contract. 

So I wouldn't wanna give up much.

That's right. Forgot it's 4 years for non-first rounders. 

That's fine. If you can get him for a low pick and let him play it out or offer a decent contract (2 years max). If he blows up, let him walk as a FA and get that sweet compensatory action!

22 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

There's must higher risk than you realize trading a relatively high pick for Bryant while also cutting Crabtree. He's proven he's a volatile personality and is a persistent suspension risk. He's also not a complete receiver with arguably worse hands than both Crabtree and Cooper. There's no way I trade for Bryant without having another quality receiver to go along with Cooper.

Crabtree is gone if he doesn't restructure, so it's really moot for me on him. And he's getting older. 

Coop/Bryant/draft pick... I'd be fine with that. Bryant IMO can keep it straight for a contract year (knock on wood) and may have grown up, who knows. 

Watkins/Allen would be my preferred FA choice (and with a bad draft class, gotta be aggressive). Then draft something at the position. 

Bears are releasing McPhee. That guy was a stud in Baltimore. The veteran LB market is becoming saturated now. So many decent veterans to choose from. None of these guys are superstars anymore, but for a team that has hurt for LB's the last few years there's no reason we shouldn't be able to assemble a very decent unit from this years free agency that won't make many mistakes. 

Nigel Bradham, Derek Johnson, Pernell McPhee, Brian Cushing, Bowman, then Zach Brown and Gerals Hodges who we were linked to last year, and even guys like Avery Williamson, Tahir Whitehead, Demario Davis would be a massive upgrade on our roster. If we can grab any two of these I'd be a happy camper. Even the 1 year stop gap older veterans. All of them should come for relatively cheap too. My dream scenario is to upgrade our LB's and get a difference maker at DT. 

Archived