Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yes please on both. Fuller/Conley would be a nice combo if the Raiders are priced out on Trumain Johnson. Ease pressure to take CB early in the draft.

A Rob might price himself out. But he's the outside WR the offense needs. 

29 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Heard Sammy Watkins might be allowed to hit FA too.

Man him and Amari would be insane

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yes please on both. Fuller/Conley would be a nice combo if the Raiders are priced out on Trumain Johnson. Ease pressure to take CB early in the draft.

A Rob might price himself out. But he's the outside WR the offense needs. 

I like A Rob's game more than Watkin's but then you have to look at the health factor. Is he back to a full go or is he 80% of himself. That pushes Watkins ahead of him. A Rob will get less than normal automatically but how much of a discount?

Getting those two (ARob and Fuller)would really help us in the draft like you said. Just pushing them out of the top 3-4 needs is a huge thing in scouting and drafting.

56 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Heard Sammy Watkins might be allowed to hit FA too.

Man him and Amari would be insane

Yea the Rams might tag Joyner instead of Watkins. 

Watkins is a tough one to judge. He has all the speed, size and skills you could dream of for a WR. But he is just so inconsistent and has an injury bug. I would no doubt go after him if he does hit FA (and I am sure Gruden would love him too), but I just pray it isn't anything crazy. 

We already have $7 million on the books for Walford and Cook.  Spotrac has Eifert's value at $7.6 million and they are under a lot with their estimates.  This would make us the 4th highest spender on the TE position.

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

We already have $7 million on the books for Walford and Cook.  Spotrac has Eifert's value at $7.6 million and they are under a lot with their estimates.  This would make us the 4th highest spender on the TE position.

Spotrac's valuation models are very pedestrian. They look at two things: starts and age. They have Star Lotulelei's yearly value at over $8 million a year and compare his prospectus to Damon Harrison, Linval Joseph, Brandon Williams, and Nick Fairley. He's much worse than all those players.

Back to to Eifert: I'm a fan of a the player but not a fan of the fit. He and Cook are a bit redundant, and I'd much rather spend the money on other positions in free agency.

I don't get this Eifert love.

The guy played 2 games in 2017, 8 games in 2016, 1 in 2014. 2013 (15) and 2015 (13) were his only "full" years. 

445 and 615 yards were his best in those...1500 yards in 5 years total.

Jared Cook missed 6 games in the last 5 years and got 2851 yards during that span. 

I can't really see the benefit of a change like that.

Archived