Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

15 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Cool, thanks! I just wasn't sure what you were looking for outside of moving on from Cousins. I don't think they need a full rebuild - they just can't build the rest of the roster up enough on the Cousins contract, and I don't see him ever going fully team friendly.

KC has the same issue. They have money tied up in Frank Clark, and Tyrann Mathiew. One of witch is vital to the teams defense.

They need better offensive line pieces, and have had to sacrifice this, in the past to accommodate the offensive stars.

We are talking about a perennial SB contender. What every team should strive for.

Our oline sucks. We have allocated resources to SS, RB, DT, QB, and WR.

8 needs a perfect team around him to succeed.

I don't want to hijack this thread.

My point is we have the GM in place. We are getting the HC. Now we need a systematic breakdown of the roster to put this team in a better position for future success. The short term 2-3 years is irrelevant as this roster currently stands.

3 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

KC has the same issue. They have money tied up in Frank Clark, and Tyrann Mathiew. One of witch is vital to the teams defense.

They need better offensive line pieces, and have had to sacrifice this, in the past to accommodate the offensive stars.

We are talking about a perennial SB contender. What every team should strive for.

My point is we have the GM in place. We are getting the HC. Now we need a systematic breakdown of the roster to put this team in a better position for future success. The short term 2-3 years is irrelevant as this roster currently stands.

Don’t forget tons of money allocated to LB. Barr and Kendricks need to go. I’m wanting to say the Vikings spend more on that combo than any team in the league for 2 LBs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Don’t forget tons of money allocated to LB. Barr and Kendricks need to go. I’m wanting to say the Vikings spend more on that combo than any team in the league for 2 LBs.

Barr yes, Kendricks, no.  He's still playing to the level of his contract.  Barr is all but gone with Zimmer being shown the door and having his contract re-worked to have an out for this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Yeah not sure how I forgot Barr. Oof what a contract.

4 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Well Barr is pretty much gone on EK is actually on a pretty good deal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

OL has had a lot of resources allocated to it. There are two first rounds picks, two second round picks and a third round pick. What more can you do? I think you’ve got to stay the course with the OL, they are a very young group. I’m ready to move on from Bradbury though if someone better can be found. The needs are on defense, it’s abysmal right now looking at all the players with expiring deals who will be leaving, most weren’t good anyway.

21 minutes ago, vikings209 said:

Well Barr is pretty much gone on EK is actually on a pretty good deal.

The reason I want Kendricks gone is more from a team building standpoint. Kendricks was a catalyst for the division between coach and team on defense. We need young faces that buy into the system not try to break it down. He’s a whiner.

13 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

OL has had a lot of resources allocated to it. There are two first rounds picks, two second round picks and a third round pick. What more can you do? I think you’ve got to stay the course with the OL, they are a very young group. I’m ready to move on from Bradbury though if someone better can be found. The needs are on defense, it’s abysmal right now looking at all the players with expiring deals who will be leaving, most weren’t good anyway.

I mean in terms of FA or trade. We need to find a way to be able to get top talent here. The draft isn't working as effectively as a stand alone. They still give up a ton of pressure. Between that, and 8 holding the ball too long, its a recipe for repeated problems.

6 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

The reason I want Kendricks gone is more from a team building standpoint. Kendricks was a catalyst for the division between coach and team on defense. We need young faces that buy into the system not try to break it down. He’s a whiner.

That's top 5 one of the most nonsensical posts I've ever read here.  He's far from a whiner.  He's one of the big picture leaders of the team and in the entire NFL.    

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That's top 5 one of the most nonsensical posts I've ever read here.  He's far from a whiner.  He's one of the big picture leaders of the team and in the entire NFL.    

the more logical point is that Kendricks is 30 and off ball LBs don't age well. So it might be prudent to trade him a year early rather then a year late.

The other stuff is ridiculous. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

the more logical point is that Kendricks is 30 and off ball LBs don't age well. So it might be prudent to trade him a year early rather then a year late.

The other stuff is ridiculous. 

I would much rather buy that argument than the one given. However, I don't think this team is in a position to trade Kendricks at this point, as they do need him on the field, as I think he'll be the most vocal player on the defensive side of the ball on a team that doesn't have any.  Not having Zimmer may actually be freeing him to do so.