Broncos hire Nathaniel Hackett as Head Coach

TitanSlim

1 hour ago, viking said:

Two 1st rounders for A-Rod when

I am legit curious as to what they get. Their options are limited. They need to find a QB needy team looking for a short team rental, that has ~$45m in cap space (new contract) and is willing to give up picks for an unvaccinated dude in the Covid era. Not to mention him being a diva who says a lot of suspect things to the media before choking in the playoffs. 

Thats a lot of qualifiers, even if he is MVP. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

This seems like such a perfect setup to get Aaron Rodgers that it probably wont even happen.

I'm not even convinced he is leaving Green Bay.

Denver really is trying to make a strong push for him. They are going all in on Rodgers and I respect it. Now Elway has to do his part and convince Rodgers to demand a trade.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I am legit curious as to what they get. Their options are limited. They need to find a QB needy team looking for a short team rental, that has ~$45m in cap space (new contract) and is willing to give up picks for an unvaccinated dude in the Covid era. Not to mention him being a diva who says a lot of suspect things to the media before choking in the playoffs. 

I don't know why Denver would offer 2 firsts to begin with. They can lowball the hell out of us and the Packers really have no choice. If we get a first I would be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I am legit curious as to what they get. Their options are limited. They need to find a QB needy team looking for a short team rental, that has ~$45m in cap space (new contract)

Matthew Broderick Jewish GIF

and is willing to give up picks for an unvaccinated dude in the Covid era. Not to mention him being a diva who says a lot of suspect things to the media

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

before choking in the playoffs. 

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

I wouldnt want the Steelers to trade for him....but mainly because multiple 1sts for a 39 year old QB on a team with tons of holes doesn't intrigue.    The rest I couldn't care less about, and neither will most teams that are interested.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 43M said:

Matthew Broderick Jewish GIF

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

I wouldnt want the Steelers to trade for him....but mainly because multiple 1sts for a 39 year old QB on a team with tons of holes doesn't intrigue.    The rest I couldn't care less about, and neither will most teams that are interested.

Any team that offers multiple firsts for a 38 year QB who already wants out deserves to have their GM fired. I'm one of the biggest Rodgers fans on this board and even I wouldn't offer close to that for him. Packers front office has almost no leverage at this point.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah there are for sure a lot of factors that bring down his trade value. I can't see Rodgers playing for more than a couple more seasons - personally that would limit what I would trade to 2 first round picks.

2 firsts = 2 dice rolls at a SB 

Just now, viking said:

Yeah there are for sure a lot of factors that bring down his trade value. I can't see Rodgers playing for more than a couple more seasons - personally that would limit what I would trade to 2 first round picks.

I can see him playing into his mid 40s at a high level. Rodgers arm is still elite, he can still make special throws that maybe 2 other guys in the league can make. His mobility isn't what it used to be but his IQ makes up for that. If a team can keep him upright, I don't see why he can't play atleast another 3 seasons.

8 minutes ago, viking said:

I guess it depends on how much you trust your front office. For example, the Cowboys, 2 first are Micah and CD Lamb for 5 years each on rookie deals. A 38 year old Rodgers (@45m/yr) for a few years isnt worth that.

Obviously this is not taking Dak into consideration. Just talking about what those draft choices would be. 

Edited by Matts4313

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Good news.

Denver is QB needy, has 48M in cap space (GB is 40M over), and has all their draft picks + additional 2nd + 3rd from Von Miller trade....

....and now they have his ex-OC as their HC.

33 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Him as a HC doesn't worry me. Just if he can lure Rodgers to Denver would suuuuck. 

Knowing 35% of your season will be head to head matchups with your defense and Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert would be an awful feeling.

I still want the picks, but I will have sympathy for Raiders fans everywhere if we do make a deal.