Broncos hire Nathaniel Hackett as Head Coach

TitanSlim

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I guess it depends on how much you trust your front office. For example, the Cowboys, 2 first are Micah and CD Lamb for 5 years each on rookie deals. A 38 year old Rodgers (@45m/yr) for a few years isnt worth that.

Obviously this is not taking Dak into consideration. Just talking about what those draft choices would be. 

And it could also be Taco Charlton and Morris Claiborne.  But the reality is that FRP's have a success rate of about 50%, so expecting those two picks to turn out anywhere near as successful as the last two Cowboy's FRP seems unrealistic at best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

And it could also be Taco Charlton and Morris Claiborne.  But the reality is that FRP's have a success rate of about 50%, so expecting those two picks to turn out anywhere near as successful as the last two Cowboy's FRP seems unrealistic at best.

Not for the Cowboys, weve drafted an all pro/probowler in the first round for like like 15 years excluding the two you mentioned. And even then, Mo was a very solid DB, he just head ridiculous health issues. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not for the Cowboys, weve drafted an all pro/probowler in the first round for like like 15 years excluding the two you mentioned. And even then, Mo was a very solid DB, he just head ridiculous health issues. 

LVE, Amari Cooper? Interested in hearing the kind of success it’s led to on the field though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

LVE, Amari Cooper? Interested in hearing the kind of success it’s led to on the field though.

LVE and Coop both meet the criteria of All pro/Pro bowl. 

As for success, we are a top 10 winningest team over that time frame. We just are horrific in the playoffs. Its so frustrating. 

EDIT - Horrific is the wrong word. We are normally competitive in the playoffs. The games are normally very close/down to the wire. We just dont win. 

Edited by Matts4313

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

If everything works out in this one specific way

CBS sports did an article on both players. They surmised that you could give both of them the largest contracts for their position in the NFL while only having a cap hit in the 30-40m range in 2022. That said, you will cripple yourself by using void years.

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

CBS sports did an article on both players. They surmised that you could give both of them the largest contracts for their position in the NFL while only having a cap hit in the 30-40m range in 2022. That said, you will cripple yourself by using void years.

I mean, that's pretty much what you're expecting to do anyways.  Ride the AR train for a couple of years and when he retires, you blow things up and rebuild.  Go through a year of salary cap hell after that.  And the Broncos are going to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender in the meantime.

19 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

If everything works out in this one specific way

Lol no, if they go together to the same team, that is what will happen. We've seen the same situation with two HOF QBs already, they just didn't have to bring in a WR, but they spent and back loaded other positions they were weak on.

2 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

As a guy who grew up in San Antonio, I can safely say this is the proper way to celebrate! I absolutely love Shanahan's but nothing beats a crapload of beans and cheese and Margheritas!... Just don't stay in the same hotel room after 😂😂

Ive been telling everyone who will listen my entire life....Mexico may not be #1 in many categories--but they destroy every other country on the planet in food/drink category and its not even close. Italy I guess would be a distant 2nd, but they are still getting gapped by Mexico in that race.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

People have thought the Raiders will be last in the division the previous two years as well and they’ve finished ahead of two “better” teams both times…

Whoever thought Denver would finish above them the past 2 years is on something because I know nobody on our forum thought that lol

33 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ive been telling everyone who will listen my entire life....Mexico may not be #1 in many categories--but they destroy every other country on the planet in food/drink category and its not even close. Italy I guess would be a distant 2nd, but they are still getting gapped by Mexico in that race.

See this is an interesting topic that I think we all need to focus on for a hot minute. If you asked me what type of food I consume most, its 100% Mexican/Tex-Mex. BUT if you really want to go here in the food/drink category, I would take Irish Whisky and potatoes over just about anything. 

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

See this is an interesting topic that I think we all need to focus on for a hot minute. If you asked me what type of food I consume most, its 100% Mexican/Tex-Mex. BUT if you really want to go here in the food/drink category, I would take Irish Whisky and potatoes over just about anything. 

I eat a lot of german food b/c of my family heritage at holidays--I can tell you the #1 reason why most European food will never crack my top 3 or 5. Condiments/Sauces/Dips/Spices.

A lot of stuff from over there is extremely bland/starchy and the only condiment that entire continent believes in is mustard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I eat a lot of german food b/c of my family heritage at holidays--I can tell you the #1 reason why most European food will never crack my top 3 or 5. Condiments/Sauces/Dips/Spices.

A lot of stuff from over there is extremely bland/starchy and the only condiment that entire continent believes in is mustard.

Fair. I have some german decent and I am not huge on the (lack of) flavors. Plus sauerkraut is so hit or miss in what it pairs with.

I want to throw another name in the ring. A country I hate (even though my great- great- great- something, family ruled it for 300 years) - - France. Its well known that any chef worth a damn trained in France. Also wine. Its not what I would chose, because F France and their hoity toity food/drink. But if we are holding an open competition, they would have to be the odds on favorite.

Edited by Matts4313