Bears Coordinators and Assistant Coaches Search/Interviews

GOGRIESE

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If we get Callahan I think I might actually cry...he is the best OL coach in the NFL...draft high upside linemen and let him go to work.

Build the lines, run the hell out of Monty, expose the MOF with Kmet and take calculated deep shots with Mooney.

• Like 1

Brad Spielberger, Esq.

@PFF_Brad

8m

Has coached wide receivers all across the NFL. Was in Indy the year before Eberflus got there and went to Dallas (where Eberflus came to Indy from).

Could be looking at him for WRs coach as well I’d imagine.

I would suspect he could be our next WR coach...if Getsy is here that could work out well for both...Lal has worked with Dallas in 2018-19 and could give us an inside track on some of those receivers.

Edited by Madmike90

17 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Brad Spielberger, Esq.

@PFF_Brad

8m

Has coached wide receivers all across the NFL. Was in Indy the year before Eberflus got there and went to Dallas (where Eberflus came to Indy from).

Could be looking at him for WRs coach as well I’d imagine.

I would suspect he could be our next WR coach...if Getsy is here that could work out well for both...Lal has worked with Dallas in 2018-19 and could give us an inside track on some of those receivers.

Who is this coach. 

28 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Who is this coach. 

Been in the NFL since 2007...been a WR coach since 2009 so plenty of experience...he won't be the OC but as a receiver coach he could be a good fit...his connection in Dallas with 3 of their top 5 receivers being FAs could be good...D.J Chark is another guy I would love here who he is currently working with. 

Ben Standig

@BenStandig

10m

Washington DB coach Chris Harris is set to interview for the Colts' vacant defensive coordinator job, source confirms (

@JoelAErickson

1st). Two DC interviews last year for Harris. Has a history with Colts GM Chris Ballard dating back to his playing career with the Bears.

If Williams chooses to stay with Indy then Harris could be a good should here...loved him at safety for us...we could use that sort of physicality from our DBs.

The media was all these GMs and coaches come with all these ready made staffs. They have this overarching plan.  Yet everyone is interviewing all these different guys and no one is committed yet.  

Seems only thing that was true is that GMs came with maybe one head coach candidate who probably would have signed with any GM for a particular team to be honest.  

Rest was and is up in air.  

I would not run a football program this way.  

52 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Been in the NFL since 2007...been a WR coach since 2009 so plenty of experience...he won't be the OC but as a receiver coach he could be a good fit...his connection in Dallas with 3 of their top 5 receivers being FAs could be good...D.J Chark is another guy I would love here who he is currently working with. 

Lol, but who is the coach (no name given)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

The media was all these GMs and coaches come with all these ready made staffs. They have this overarching plan.  Yet everyone is interviewing all these different guys and no one is committed yet.  

Seems only thing that was true is that GMs came with maybe one head coach candidate who probably would have signed with any GM for a particular team to be honest.  

Rest was and is up in air.  

I would not run a football program this way.  

Greg Gabriel talked about it on his show yesterday, when a GM interviews he has a shortlist of his HC candidates, when a HC interviews he has a shortlist of candidates for his coordinators and line coaches.  The coordinators have a Rooney rule process that must be followed, so you cant just hire them immediately, that's why you are seeing all the interview requests. The truth is that it is mostly a formality, it's like getting engaged or being a lawyer, you dont ask the question if you dont know the answer.  

• Like 1

Matt Lombardo

@MattLombardoNFL

· 12m

Thomas McGaughey will interview for the #Bears’ special teams coordinator job, per #NFL source. @FanSided

Hopefully as an assistant STC to Bisaccia...or could just be a minority candidate.

Edited by Madmike90

46 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Bill Callahan and Eberflus worked together in Dallas for a couple of seasons...have to think to get him out of Cleveland we will need to add an assistant HC title to his OL coach...given his experience I would have no issue doing that. 

I would 100% do that, in a heartbeat!

Zak Keefer

@zkeefer

2m

Dave Borgonzi — one of the Colts’ top position coaches the last few years — is indeed headed to Chicago to join Matt Eberflus’ staff. Borgonzi has been key in the developments of Darius Leonard, Anthony Walker, Bobby Okereke and others.

Seems him and Rowe are confirmed now...hopefully over today's interviews and tomorrow we can then have most of this staff filled out before the introduction press conference on Monday...really impressed with how we are going about this so far.

11 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So does anyone else get the feeling that Ryan Poles really liked the way things were run when he was here as a player and that's the foundation for his team building philosophy?

I think this is what ownership expected knowing he had a history with Chris Ballard...the trenches will be key for Poles...love the idea of Callahan for the OL and Marinelli for the DL.