Giants Hire Brian Daboll As Head Coach

TitanLegend

34 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

So that likely means the Gmen are out on Watson.    And Daboll really hitching his wagon to Danny Jones for 1 year?   I do see why he wouldn't want to go with MIA and that dysfunctional FO and ownership.

CAR & Watson, it's happening. 

The Giants were never in on Watson to begin with. Dunno where people got this from.

• Like 1

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

The Giants were never in on Watson to begin with. Dunno where people got this from.

It was their interest in Flores.  You hire Flores, he wants Watson.     Mara wanting Flores but saying Watson wasn't in play, that was puzzling.   This kinda makes more sense.

32 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I do think Jones has the pieces around him with Barkley if he can stay healthy, Galladay and Toney. Just fix the OL, and maybe tweak the defense a little bit although the defense is really good too I do think the Giants have something here especially in a weak division with Dallas, Philly, and Washington. We just saw the Bengals and Niners go from worse to the conference championship round. Not saying the Giants will do the same next season but it wouldnt shock me if they made the right moves in the offseason and Jones can improve that they can be in the playoffs next season as a 6th or 7th seed. I love this hire btw. 

I agree completely, fix the offensive line and get a tight end and keep the wide out healthy and the Giants could compete for the playoffs. Question is how much is Joe Schoen into competing next season. He knows he has a free year, he could use that year to get rid of some of our quality but high priced players like, Martinez and Bradberry. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this has gotta mean the bills didn't offer him OC right? no way you'd choose NYG over allen and buffalo if the jobs were equal.

Haha - Daboll knows who the true offensive mind is.

No idea why the Bills would let this happen, though. It's not like they have any other coach who is waiting in the wings to take over OC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It was their interest in Flores.  You hire Flores, he wants Watson.     Mara wanting Flores but saying Watson wasn't in play, that was puzzling.   This kinda makes more sense.

People are really overstating this Flores-Watson thing lol. It’s not like he wants Watson at all costs and the Giants sure as heck weren’t going to let that happen. 

3 minutes ago, Hopper15 said:

Probably will be Kellen Moore. He atleast calls plays. McDaniel does not.

I doubt it. We were adamant about waiting for McDaniel to get a 2nd interview. Moore seems like a backup plan.

As for calling plays... it's an overrated consideration. I not only prefer McDaniel, and think its the most likely outcome at this point.

That and Jerry seems pretty convinced Moore is going nowhere.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't think Daboll is anything special

Hope you're right.

I won't forget him being uninterested in the Eagles job last year when we were one of the last two jobs left along with the Texans, despite interest from Philly and them asking Buffalo to interview him.

At least now I get to root against him. Giants have some talent on that roster, but they still have a ways to go. Will be interesting how quick he can turn it around.