Giants Hire Brian Daboll As Head Coach

TitanLegend

20 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I doubt it. We were adamant about waiting for McDaniel to get a 2nd interview. Moore seems like a backup plan.

As for calling plays... it's an overrated consideration. I not only prefer McDaniel, and think its the most likely outcome at this point.

That and Jerry seems pretty convinced Moore is going nowhere.

It's not an overrated consideration when you've changed offensive coordinators three times the last three seasons.

39 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I doubt it. We were adamant about waiting for McDaniel to get a 2nd interview. Moore seems like a backup plan.

As for calling plays... it's an overrated consideration. I not only prefer McDaniel, and think its the most likely outcome at this point.

That and Jerry seems pretty convinced Moore is going nowhere.

Mcdaniel isn't going to go to Miami since weed isn't legal in Florida. 

52 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hope you're right.

I won't forget him being uninterested in the Eagles job last year when we were one of the last two jobs left along with the Texans, despite interest from Philly and them asking Buffalo to interview him.

At least now I get to root against him. Giants have some talent on that roster, but they still have a ways to go. Will be interesting how quick he can turn it around.

Maybe he didn’t like Howie? I think  Daboll only interviewed with us and the Jets last year.

Edited by Xenos

The Giants opening seemed like the best available job. I posted that weeks ago. Not surprised that a guy pursued by many teams had enough clarity to evaluate the big picture and not fixate on trivial matters like the roster. It was more than hilarious when some of those early lists had the Giants job either near the bottom or absolute bottom.

As a Dolphins fan I prefer McDaniel, partially because Daboll would be third string pecking order in the AFC East to two coaches he was recently working for, Belichick and McDermott.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Maybe he didn’t like Howie? I think  Daboll only interviewed with us and the Jets last year.

Maybe. No idea honestly. 

To be frank the Eagles had one of the most dysfunctional seasons last year and even though there was still a good amount of veteran talent left over to work with this past year it wasn't heralded as a great spot being the second worst just before the Texans for some people. We also had a pretty good draft last year and stayed healthier than we have in years which certainly helped.

I think he’ll do great. Too many fans have memories of him from over a decade ago. When he got hired by the Bills it was viewed as failure immediately.

I hope Dorsey doesn’t go with him but he could take that job tomorrow in theory whereas the Bills have to go through proper league procedures before they could just promote him. 

58 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think he’ll do great. Too many fans have memories of him from over a decade ago. When he got hired by the Bills it was viewed as failure immediately.

I hope Dorsey doesn’t go with him but he could take that job tomorrow in theory whereas the Bills have to go through proper league procedures before they could just promote him. 

As a Browns fan, it's still crazy to me to see that Daboll is now a head coach. He didn't have much, if anything, to work with, but man was he not good as OC for us. But he apparently learned and improved and that was like 10+ years ago.

Overall, solid hire for the Giants, IMO. Still would have went with Flores if I were them or just about any team with a HC opening.