Are Allen and the Bills set for regression in 2022?

notthatbluestuff

Absolutely.

Allen is probably going to regress into a bottom 10 QB, and the Bills will be saddled with that burden for years to come.

Better act now and trade Allen to the Steelers for Mason Rudolph and a 5th round pick. 

• Like 1

No, I don't think there'll be much regression if any. The talent on this roster is real. I expect them to add someone significant at RB to improve that position so it's not all on Allen. I anticipate they'll add another WR to better compliment Diggs. They'll surely improve their offensive line. And I suspect they'll make subtle improvements defensively. These were things they had to do before Daboll and Dorsey left. That hasn't changed and if they're able to do those things, I don't see how they're a worse team. I actually think they'd be more capable of pushing for the #1 seed.

1 hour ago, Chargers said:

Allen is that entire team. They have talent don't get me wrong but they go where he leads them and he is the most talented QB in the NFL. If you can get him a defense that can tackle dudes for 13 seconds, the Bills will improve next season.

They literally had the #1 defense in football this year. This very much reads like you watched last weekend's game and nothing else of their 2021 season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

They literally had the #1 defense in football this year. This very much reads like you watched last weekend's game and nothing else of their 2021 season.

I think they were a bit of a paper tiger. They feasted on bad offenses and young QB’s over half their games. Colts, Bucs, Titans, and Chiefs (playoffs) had no problem scoring and moving the ball on them.

Just now, Slingin' Sammy said:

I think they were a bit of a paper tiger. They feasted on bad offenses and young QB’s over half their games. Colts, Bucs, Titans, and Chiefs (playoffs) had no problem scoring and moving the ball on them.

To an extent. I don't think they were as dominant as the stats look. But they were absolutely a good unit. Acting like it was Allen carrying a trash D just isn't accurate.

Its going to be interesting to see how the Bills do after losing Daboll. He has been great in the development of Allen. Plus not just losing him but how do the Bills recover from Allen having two game-winning drives only to lose the game in 13 seconds and in OT? Afterall the Bills did say during the offseason that their main focus was to build their team to beat the Chiefs and they did everything perfect up until the last 13 seconds and still lost. So yeah I could see them having some growing pains from losing Daboll but psychologically from losing to the Chiefs the way that they lost to them could also be there. 

i think they'd be silly to, with daboll at the giants now, move to a coordinator with an entirely new system though

like you don't take an offense that's demolishing teams, and, on having the coordinator leave, pick up a new OC who's going to radically redefine the offensive system. i think that they were the AFC's best team this year and think they will be again next year, hopefully making it a bit further (if as i expect the steelers can't)

On 1/30/2022 at 2:31 AM, 43M said:

Absolutely.

Allen is probably going to regress into a bottom 10 QB, and the Bills will be saddled with that burden for years to come.

Better act now and trade Allen to the Steelers for Mason Rudolph and a 5th round pick. 

ha ha... I want Mason to be your guys dude for years....

25 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

ha ha... I want Mason to be your guys dude for years....

Barring some major eff up, he wont even be our "dude" for a week.

Not that our next starter will be good at all....but it sure as hell better not be him.

• Like 1