Are Allen and the Bills set for regression in 2022?

notthatbluestuff

Relative to the rest of the AFC-East, yes.  Assuming Miami concentrates on their O-Line (how could they not?) and Mac Jones makes a jump similar to the one Josh Allen did, Buffalo should fall back toward the pack.  The cap situation (24th) is a concern for the Bills.  Losing Dorsey and Daboll stunts the team's growth;  there aren't a lot of coaches of similar caliber sitting around waiting for a phone call.

I have no worries of the Bills falling out of the playoffs, though.  They'll still be top 5 in the AFC.

• Like 1

They already regressed this year. Allen was worse almost across the board.

I can't see him being worse as a passer where was basically average this year.

For all the credit the OC got, they've never gotten him a run game.

I think he and offense improves next year. Defense will regress some, as almost all number one defenses do one year to the next.

1 hour ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Relative to the rest of the AFC-East, yes.  Assuming Miami concentrates on their O-Line (how could they not?) and Mac Jones makes a jump similar to the one Josh Allen did, Buffalo should fall back toward the pack. Losing Dorsey and Daboll stunts the team's growth;  there aren't a lot of coaches of similar caliber sitting around waiting for a phone call.

Seeing "Miami O-line" and "stunts" in the same post is bad memories for Fins fans. 

• Like 1

They’ll be fine. Good HC, awesome QB, some talent on that roster. 

If the Bills find a difference maker at running back or a real monster at edge rusher (especially while Poyer/Hyde are still playing at high levels), we’re all in trouble.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

I think they'll be in a very similar place to where they were this year. 11 to 12 wins with a shot to compete in the post season. There are some signs that point to regression for them (losing Daboll, very low injury count) but also some signs that actually point to them improving (terrible record in one score games, and they actually underperformed their expected W/L which is super uncommon for an 11+ win team.) They don't really have cap space (though they do have mobility with cuts/extensions), but they also don't really have any free agents that are much more than role players. Levi Wallace is the top guy there, but ideally Tre White comes back as the #1 anyway. The rest are rotational guys at WR or DL who good teams can typically replace if want too much to stay. Gets even easier if Basham and Rousseau progress in the offseason.

I would love the idea more than anyone that the Bills would fall off quickly and permanently. But there's too much good foundation there at really critical spots for that to happen, I think.