49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pretty much. But I do love this tactic...I don't know why...I'm just endlessly amused by it. 

It's very 2022, that's for sure. 

Deebo has a lot of leverage here already. Lynch came out and said they've already budgeted for Deebo's new contract and even through the crazy WR deals we've seen over the last few weeks, Lynch continues to say they got the money. So, there's really no reason for this to not happen.

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

It's very 2022, that's for sure. 

Deebo has a lot of leverage here already. Lynch came out and said they've already budgeted for Deebo's new contract and even through the crazy WR deals we've seen over the last few weeks, Lynch continues to say they got the money. So, there's really no reason for this to not happen.

I don't think he does. Just because we have the money budgeted for it doesn't mean that we want to pay him what he wants. This could be very Deforest Buckner-esque, to be honest. Lynch famously said that we wanted Buckner to be a 49er for a long long time and then moved him after an all pro season...and we 100% could have structured things differently to work the caps similar to what AA got. Something just didn't pop in the end.  

I also keep thinking back to last year and the scuttle from Allbright that maybe the 9ers weren't all that much in to Deebo past his rookie deal. I mean, last year was 100% amazing from Deebo, but it also definitely does not remove previous and ongoing concerns about him. That's why I've always been very uncertain about the Deebo deal. 

It wouldn't at all surprise me if the niners had something in mind and didn't want to exceed it and Deebo is asking for a good bit beyond that. 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think he does. Just because we have the money budgeted for it doesn't mean that we want to pay him what he wants. This could be very Deforest Buckner-esque, to be honest. Lynch famously said that we wanted Buckner to be a 49er for a long long time and then moved him after an all pro season...and we 100% could have structured things differently to work the caps similar to what AA got. Something just didn't pop in the end.  

I also keep thinking back to last year and the scuttle from Allbright that maybe the 9ers weren't all that much in to Deebo past his rookie deal. I mean, last year was 100% amazing from Deebo, but it also definitely does not remove previous and ongoing concerns about him. That's why I've always been very uncertain about the Deebo deal. 

It wouldn't at all surprise me if the niners had something in mind and didn't want to exceed it and Deebo is asking for a good bit beyond that. 

The bolded has definitely crossed my mind. I said previously that if Deebo wanted to be one of the highest paid WR, we would get it done. If he was hell bent on resetting the market, I could definitely see us switching gears. I think 20-22 million per is more than adequate given his production. We start talking 25 per and over and we need to really re-evaluate an extension.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

The bolded has definitely crossed my mind. I said previously that if Deebo wanted to be one of the highest paid WR, we would get it done. If he was hell bent on resetting the market, I could definitely see us switching gears. I think 20-22 million per is more than adequate given his production. We start talking 25 per and over and we need to really re-evaluate an extension.

Honestly, I'd give him slightly higher than DJ Moore's deal. 

That said, if this is true (not saying it is... I doubt a local cowboys guy knows) I can understand how this spirals

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I'd give him slightly higher than DJ Moore's deal. 

That said, if this is true (not saying it is... I doubt a local cowboys guy knows) I can understand how this spirals

This is ridiculous…. He had one good year! Will he duplicate it I don’t know but one year of production doesn’t warrant a huge contract. Its kind of how felt with Jimmy G’s contract of doing nothing for it.

Edited by 9erFreak77
  • Like 1

Just now, 9erFreak77 said:

This is ridiculous…. He had one good year! Will he duplicate it I don’t know but one year of production doesn’t warrant a huge contract. Its kind of how felt with Jimmy G’s contract of doing nothing for it.

Take it with a grain of salt considering the source, I was just backing up 757's point. There's certainly a universe where their contracts never come together and I could understand how it happens

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John232 said:

Would be interesting to see how much we could get for him…

True but how can we replace him? I feel like it would take 2 quality players to come close to giving us what Deebo brings to the table.. Going into Lance's first year with Aiyuk, Jennings, and a rookie at WR is a bad idea IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Probably because it pushes buttons...and some get a sick fascination out of pushing those buttons and/or watching the results. 

But it doesn't push buttons. It's honestly a very muted way of displaying displeasure with something without getting into a media free for all and ultimately saying something you regret. 

It's the early shots fired of a bigger stink (which may or may not come), which is largely a player's only leverage at this point after the new cba (besides a hold in). 

It's both mature and immature and as someone else mentioned, insanely 2022 lol 

• Like 1

I know it’s crazy to say, especially with Trey, but I’m really, really not interested in paying a receiver 28 million a year. I love deebo, it was clear that with Jimmy, we were super reliant on Deebo to carry our offense, but considering our dearth of picks and the amount of holes we need to fill, the possibility of getting  Tyreek kind of haul is incredibly intriguing.

But I won’t be upset to see us pay him, just not sure it’s best value on the dollar, that’s all. Love Deebo as a player.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, N4L said:

McStinky looking REAL skinny 

He tore his right quad I think. That leg looks smaller than the other 

Not good. Very bad infact 

This picture makes me think he ain’t coming back this year and we spend an early round pick on RT. Better hope that Mack returns or we are in trouble.

4 hours ago, P_locniners said:

This picture makes me think he ain’t coming back this year and we spend an early round pick on RT. Better hope that Mack returns or we are in trouble.

I think Jaylon Moore is about to start playing RT. I still think we need depth and wouldn’t be shocked if we spent one of our top picks on a G or C. 

• Like 1