49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

12 hours ago, John232 said:

I mean, I get not liking the value. I get it. But like Buckner. This is not a moment to get cute. I’d rather deal overpaying for a great player than dealing with another high pick bust. Anyone complaining about paying deebo is nit picking. If we got a haul for him, I’d be ok. But anything less than a first and a second would be a steal. Deebo might not age well, but thats why you protect yourself with a contract and paraag, generally speaking, has some that well.

Agreed 100% 

We all want to win, but I personally want to have the pleasure of watching deebo suit up for the niners for the foreseeable future, not just because he will help us win, but because it's straight up just FUN

It's just FUN to see that dude touch the ball. It's just FUN seeing him get the team hyped before games. It's just FUN knowing how much he intimidates defenders. Just straight up a fun guy to root for for so many reasons. 

As a fan, this is supposed to be FUN. Yes, it's fun when the team wins, even if it's an ugly win, but paying deebo 25m rather than 22m really should not change our chances of winning

• Like 2

The 49ers are next set to host Dallas in 2023. They haven't beaten the Cowboys at home since 1997.

Perhaps come 2023, the 49ers should wear white jerseys in their game against the Cowboys, thus buying into the blue jersey jinx.

11 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I've been torn.

I love what Deebo brings to not only this offense but the team as a whole. His swagger, physicality and just the flat out DAWG in him is what I feel every team needs.

But like @straighthate said, I typically don't value the WR position as much as most. That's why I was vehemently against trading for a guy like OBJ for years. I tend to believe that in this day and age, the talent@WR is unprecedented and you just have to do your homework but you can keep that talent coming in as long as you do so. I look at the Steelers as a perfect example of an organization who just knows how to scout the position and how it applies to their offense.

I will understand paying Deebo top dollar. I will also understand entertaining a good haul for his services. I'm content, either way I guess.

What if we sign him to a 5 year deal that has a decent out after year 2 or 3? As in, allows you to trade him without too much dead money. He's important to our team now more than ever, but if Trey becomes a top 15 QB or better, and when he himself comes seeking a contract, will we still want to pay a Deebo? This is why I was hoping for a bridge deal, 3 years, top. But if he wants to think he has a longer term deal (although players don't seem to care about having years remaining when they want to renegotiate), and we have an out, then that's a good compromise. Is it really just that these guys want the ego boost of the big average yearly salary? Like Tyreek's contract, with the fifth year 45m cap hit that he will never ever see, but brings his average to 30m a year, just for show... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, N4L said:

Agreed 100% 

We all want to win, but I personally want to have the pleasure of watching deebo suit up for the niners for the foreseeable future, not just because he will help us win, but because it's straight up just FUN

It's just FUN to see that dude touch the ball. It's just FUN seeing him get the team hyped before games. It's just FUN knowing how much he intimidates defenders. Just straight up a fun guy to root for for so many reasons. 

As a fan, this is supposed to be FUN. Yes, it's fun when the team wins, even if it's an ugly win, but paying deebo 25m rather than 22m really should not change our chances of winning

Yeah, I’m definitely not saying I want to lose Deebo over 3 million. To 110% clarify what I’m saying, I’m responding to the back and forth in the thread about Deebo vs Bosa. If that’s kind of the take, we can only afford one, then to me if I’m gonna have a $20+ million guy I’d spend it on a pass rusher not on a WR. If we can sign them both, definitely all for it.  

And yeah, I totally agree about the fun part. Winning is fun, and that’s most important to me. But winning when your team is punishing the other team is so much more fun to watch. The identity this offense in particular has with Deebo and Kittle leading the physicality is amazing and fun to watch. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Can someone tell me how to feel? See he’s been there for 17 years.

@Forge

Always hard to gauge how good personnel guys are because he's not a decision maker and we don't know what he's advocating for and against. 

But he seems well regarded and trusted within the organization and he's long been perceived as the natural replacement for Peters when he inevitably got his gm job. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think it's a good move for the Jags. Waugh seems to be pretty highly thought of in our building. 

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Always hard to gauge how good personnel guys are because he's not a decision maker and we don't know what he's advocating for and against. 

But he seems well regarded and trusted within the organization and he's long been perceived as the natural replacement for Peters when he inevitably got his gm job. 

Even with the ties, color me surprised Baalke was able to lure him away.

1 hour ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Maybe Baalke is giving him Christian Kirk kind of $$$$ lol

I was just going to say, aren’t we able to “block” him or pay him just as much. I don’t know how it works for positioning in the office. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

It's a big step up for him. The riskiest thing is probably tying himself to Baalke, but it also gives him a one year audition to impress and maybe take over for Baalke when that time arises. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's a big step up for him. The riskiest thing is probably tying himself to Baalke, but it also gives him a one year audition to impress and maybe take over for Baalke when that time arises

I've been trying so hard to not crap on Baalke to Jags fans, but it's really hard for me. I was going to say earlier that maybe he thinks he's positioning himself to take over for Baalke because he doesn't think that he's going to hold that position for long. I resisted, but I'm glad you said it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I've been trying so hard to not crap on Baalke to Jags fans, but it's really hard for me. I was going to say earlier that maybe he thinks he's positioning himself to take over for Baalke because he doesn't think that he's going to hold that position for long. I resisted, but I'm glad you said it. 

As a team that has endured both Baalke and the massive fallout of craptitude that followed on the field, I feel like we have earned the right to speak bluntly in this regard lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I don't think Lynch will stay with the 49ers long-term, but Adam Peters is more of the GM in waiting here than Ethan Waugh. 

Waugh is highly thought of however and will be a loss for the 49ers and a gain for the Jaguars.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, GW21 said:

None of us are pro-Baalke, it’s fine.

He’s at least making it bearable with the hiring of Pederson and potentially landing a pretty bright FO mind though.