2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

36 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I mean you did it all last year. Can’t always spend big every year unless you want to be in cap hell constantly.

That's fair as well, just a boring day when I thought Clark was getting the boot, Reek was supposed to get a contract, we were supposed to be interested in Jarvis,  Juju and Z Smith.

Tomorrow is a new day though and there's definitely a lot of second tier FAs out there

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We signed two WRs lol. You think by signing two that means you don’t continue to add weapons around a young QB?

The cupboard was barren coming into the off-season besides an aging Marvin Jones who is gone after this year. Can’t invest purely draft capital and hope they are immediate impact out of the gate. Kirk/veteran was needed.

Ive already stated my dislike for Zay.

You are currently spending $117,000,000 on the following players:

• Marvin Jones
  • Christian Kirk
  • Zay Jones
  • Evan Engram

You're telling me that you're also going to spend either a 1st and/or 2nd round pick (both high picks) on another WR? First of all, if your plan is to surround your QB with talent, why are you getting Kirk, Zay Jones and Evan Engram? Furthermore, why are you OVERPAYING THE HELL OUT OF ALL OF THEM? 

I understand you can't have enough weapons, that's why the Ravens added Hollywood and Mark Andrews, then Watkins, then Rashod Bateman and also have Devin Duvernay and James Proche.

I just don't understand why it appears they're desperate to overpay for average WR's when they just had average WR's....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You are currently spending $117,000,000 on the following players:

• Marvin Jones
  • Christian Kirk
  • Zay Jones
  • Evan Engram

You're telling me that you're also going to spend either a 1st and/or 2nd round pick (both high picks) on another WR? First of all, if your plan is to surround your QB with talent, why are you getting Kirk, Zay Jones and Evan Engram? Furthermore, why are you OVERPAYING THE HELL OUT OF ALL OF THEM? 

I understand you can't have enough weapons, that's why the Ravens added Hollywood and Mark Andrews, then Watkins, then Rashod Bateman and also have Devin Duvernay and James Proche.

I just don't understand why it appears they're desperate to overpay for average WR's when they just had average WR's....

1) Marvin Jones and Evan Engram are on 1 year deals, the latter of which may move around but it sounds like he’ll also be on the TE depth chart, not WR.

2) Last years group was not average. We picked up Treadwell and Tavon Austin off the street and they became focal points of the offense by mid season.

3) Regardless of the money, this team is lacking at the top of the depth chart. You put Marvin Jones/Zay Jones in that WR3/4 slot and that group looks better pending hitting on a guy at 33 or 65. Regardless of the sticker prices, I’m fairly certain they don’t view either of the two guys above as a legit top two option.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

1) Marvin Jones and Evan Engram are on 1 year deals, the latter of which may move around but it sounds like he’ll also be on the TE depth chart, not WR.

2) Last years group was not average. We picked up Treadwell and Tavon Austin off the street and they became focal points of the offense by mid season.

3) Regardless of the money, this team is lacking at the top of the depth chart. You put Marvin Jones/Zay Jones in that WR3/4 slot and that group looks better pending hitting on a guy at 33 or 65. Regardless of the sticker prices, I’m fairly certain they don’t view either of the two guys above as a legit top two option.

Overpaying for average players in free agency who they plan to cut in 1/2 years is pretty much exactly why bad teams stay bad. Like, what am I missing here? You're gonna draft a WR1 and WR2 this year and then just throw that $100M away as a stopgap to those players? It doesn't make any sense. You could've bolstered your team elsewhere and still spent the draft capital on those WR's and gotten probably better WR's late in FA after cuts.

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You both raise completely valid points. The future of the NFL is the WR position. Just WR's literally everywhere, even OL. Sure, they can't block, but that's besides the point.

<Matt Millen nods head>

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Overpaying for average players in free agency who they plan to cut in 1/2 years is pretty much exactly why bad teams stay bad. Like, what am I missing here? You're gonna draft a WR1 and WR2 this year and then just throw that $100M away as a stopgap to those players? It doesn't make any sense. You could've bolstered your team elsewhere and still spent the draft capital on those WR's and gotten probably better WR's late in FA after cuts.

No one is saying that Kirk is gone in 1-2 years? He’s likely a long term fixture in this offense for the foreseeable future. 

Zay Jones likely slots in as veteran depth that comes in as a stopgap for 1-2 years (haven’t seen the details of the contract). Much better options out there than him imo, but alas.

I wouldn't bet on anyone on the Jaguars being a long term starter outside of Trevor and maybe Walker Little. This offseason so far is looking like a fire Baalke one to me and the next GM is going to purge and rebuild. This has been legitimately trash and I feel sorry for the fans. I expect regression from 2021 and yall already the worst team. I'd fire Baalke before the draft to salvage valuable draft picks.

28 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I wouldn't bet on anyone on the Jaguars being a long term starter outside of Trevor and maybe Walker Little. This offseason so far is looking like a fire Baalke one to me and the next GM is going to purge and rebuild. This has been legitimately trash and I feel sorry for the fans. I expect regression from 2021 and yall already the worst team. I'd fire Baalke before the draft to salvage valuable draft picks.

😂😂😂😂

No way in hell they regress.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As opposed to....a #1? A #2? A #3? I think he's a low-end #2/high-end #3, yeah.

So than why is it laughable to view him as a long term fixture on the depth chart at 25 years old?

Guess maybe I’m missing something here. Regardless, yes, I would fully expect a WR to be added with one of our 4 picks in the top 70, with a strong possibility of it happening at 33 even though we paid Christian Kirk and Zay Jones at WR.