2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Bet the move involves either Thomas or Kamara and at least one more guy expensive on the Saints books. 

Only way it makes much sense, really.

Are the Saints going to take the cap hit for those players? Because as it is right now, I would think the Panthers have more to offer than the Saints.

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Didn't they just trade away all of their picks for Lance?

1 minute ago, Forge said:

MM has already denied it. 

The instant San Francisco traded 3 1sts to get up and go get Trey Lance, they took themselves out of the running for nearly every other QB on the market. All the rumors to the contrary should just be taken as a team or player trying to drive up the price for others.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wat Arun GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Going to call a little BS on Schultz here. I mean, we have nothing to trade for him LOL. We also couldn't move Lance prior to 6/1 for financial reasons 

Do you have to trade after 6/1 or do you just designate the trade as after 6/1?

I know you can designate for cuts but no idea for trades.

Edited by SkippyX

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Do you have to trade after 6/1 or do you just designate the trade as after 6/1?

I know you can designate for cuts but no idea for trades.

You cannot designate them as post 6/1 in a trade. It is only applicable for cuts. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Are the Saints going to take the cap hit for those players? Because as it is right now, I would think the Panthers have more to offer than the Saints.

Depends. Who's on the table for the Saints and what are the Texans looking for in terms of players? Obviously, Panthers can offer a much higher pick this year and young talent like Jaycee Horn and Derrick Brown. Texans may value Alvin Kamara or offensive line talent more, which the Saints have and the Panthers don't.

I brought this up earlier. Until the NFL changes the rules, the Saints can and will buy cap space.

The Saints can give Houston even more assets to pull off something like this:

The Texans pay all of the 2022 salaries to Tunsil and Watson as bonus (about 50m of 53m)

They now have a combined cap figure of 3 million.

Now the Saints buy both players and cap space with picks and maybe a player or two.

The Texans punt on 2022 with about a 120-m dead cap but they are now loaded with picks and will have a ton of cap room in 2023.

The Saints have to give more in compensation than the Panthers because they have to buy cap space too (even if its not as extreme as my earlier example)

The Saints and Texans already did this 2x last year with Roby and Ingram.

1 minute ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Sounds like Watson is going to meet with Atlanta tomorrow

I want to be excited for this but the back end of this deal would just be bonkers and I don’t see how the Falcons could even be a contender to pick him up because Ryan can’t be moved or cut it would make the roster impossible