2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

6 hours ago, Flounch said:

It's amazing that no QB want to go in the NFC....it's an easier path to the SB

The Rams, Bucs, Packers and Niners could be better than the AFC top 4. That wouldn't be too crazy. In fact....it's a pretty easy argument to make.

So it might be easier to make the playoffs in the NFC next year, but it's not an easier path to the Super Bowl. Any other NFC team would likely have to play one of those four the first playoff game.

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

What do you think it would take to get Minshew

Late rd pick, 6th, late 5th. Given Howies ability to fleeced other organizations out of 2nds, One could hope but thats never happening.  More of an inside joke.

• Like 1

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Late rd pick, 6th, late 5th. Given Howies ability to fleeced other organizations out of 2nds, One could hope but thats never happening.  More of an inside joke.

Man, I know I've said it a few times but if I'm the Colts and I can get Minshew for a 6th and the asking price is a 2nd or 3rd for Baker / Jimmy G.......I might just take a flyer on a young and dirt cheap Minshew handing it off and look for a better QB next year. 

Like I don't think he's the long term answer at all, but I don't think Jimmy G or Baker are either, so why invest more when they will likely give you similar production, imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soggust said:

Man, I know I've said it a few times but if I'm the Colts and I can get Minshew for a 6th and the asking price is a 2nd or 3rd for Baker / Jimmy G.......I might just take a flyer on a young and dirt cheap Minshew handing it off and look for a better QB next year. 

Like I don't think he's the long term answer at all, but I don't think Jimmy G or Baker are either, so why invest more when they will likely give you similar production, imo. 

Not to mention the money saved by not paying the others. While I think Minshew Mania BS could actually follow in Indy, selling their fans he's the best choice to make them Playoff/SB contenders would be hard IMO. At least with JG, he's been there, proven he can at least win playoff games. I guess Baker too. 

My hope is because Minshew could potentially put up similar or better numbers then both, is making way less maybe the asking price Howie demands goes up to? 

Wouldn't be the first time a Eagles backup has been dealt. 

6 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

The Rams, Bucs, Packers and Niners could be better than the AFC top 4. That wouldn't be too crazy. In fact....it's a pretty easy argument to make.

So it might be easier to make the playoffs in the NFC next year, but it's not an easier path to the Super Bowl. Any other NFC team would likely have to play one of those four the first playoff game.

Hum right now i don't think the top 4 in the NFC are better than the top 4 in the AFC. 

BIlls and  Chiefs are already better than Niners, BUccs or Packers...

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

Hum right now i don't think the top 4 in the NFC are better than the top 4 in the AFC. 

BIlls and  Chiefs are already better than Niners, BUccs or Packers...

People sleeping on the Bucs is so baffling.

Since Brady arrived they're 1-7 against the Rams and Saints - who are just a bad matchup for them - and 27-3 in games against everyone else. One of those three losses was to the Chiefs who they went on to beat in the Super Bowl.

The only reason the Bucs didn't repeat is because they had to play a team that's an awful match up for them. They'd have beaten the Niners and Bengals, no doubt in my mind. And that's with Godwin injured.

Tampa is better than every AFC team. The Chiefs don't even have an argument here.

That rant aside - what I meant was if you lined up the top four from each conference, the NFC has an argument to be better:

Rams > Bills

Bucs > Chiefs (and Bills)

Packers > ?

Niners > ?

Fill in the question mark with whoever. Rams Bills is debatable (but again I said an argument could be made), but I don't think anything else will be.

The third best team in the AFC is probably....Cincy? I'd take GB over them from a roster perspective (although this exercise would make more sense after the draft because I'm projecting that the Packers will enter the season with at least some new WRs). One of the AFCW teams at 4? Baltimore? Cleveland ? I'll take the Niners over them all. With Jimmy or Lance.

6 hours ago, Soggust said:

Accurate af and if it doesn’t work out you’re going into the 2023 draft with a higher pick and a much better QB class than what 2022 offers. Win win if you ask me.

• Like 1

Eh if I have to trade any assets for the remaining QB if I’m Indy I get Winston with no picks and likely cheaper salary. Post - LASIK and Payton year 1 starter he cut down on the TO’s.   IMO by far the best FA QB available by a mile IMO.    In that O Mariota might appeal over spending more picks and not getting a difference-making ceiling guy.     But the one guy left who has that ceiling is Winston IMO.  

Pittsburgh taking Trubisky so early IMO is a move they regret.  Not that I think much of Baker / JimmyG or Ryan but don’t see it with him (when accuracy / placement & poor reads of the D are your biggest problems those are literally 2 of the 3 worst traits to fix).  

Edited by Broncofan

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Eh if I have to trade any assets for the remaining QB if I’m Indy I get Winston with no picks and likely cheaper salary. Post - LASIK and Payton year 1 starter he cut down on the TO’s.   IMO by far the best FA QB available by a mile IMO.    In that O Mariota might appeal over spending more picks and not getting a difference-making ceiling guy.     But the one guy left who has that ceiling is Winston IMO.  

Pittsburgh taking Trubisky so early IMO is a move they regret.  Not that I think much of Baker / JimmyG or Ryan but don’t see it with him (when accuracy / placement & poor reads of the D are your biggest problems those are literally 2 of the 3 worst traits to fix).  

Pittsburgh wanted someone with mobility that wasn’t gonna cost too much to be a bridge QB…reports are the only guaranteed $$$ on his 2/$14 mill deal is the signing bonus, he got less than Tyrod Taylor.

Thry upgraded the OL in FA(also adding either a WR or another OL high in the draft) and if he doesn’t work out, they can cut him no issues next year with an improved team around the incoming QB.