2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Anyone know if he's any good? I don't remember scouting him at all.

I was a huge fan when he came out. He's a former Forge shadow draft selection. 

That said, my understanding is that he hasn't worked out at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

There isn't one. He can't pass a physical right now

Its routine shoulder surgery and he'll be healthy before TC starts

For example, all else equal i doubt that same injury makes a dent in Wilson or Watson's trade value 

Think most teams just don't view him highly outside of maybe the Colts even before the injury

Edited by 49ersfan

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Its routine shoulder surgery and he'll be healthy before TC starts

For example, all else equal i doubt that same injury makes a dent in Wilson or Watson's trade value 

Think most teams just don't view him highly outside of maybe the Colts

There's nothing to suggest the colts think highly of him at all tbh. 

Jimmy decided to try and blow up his trade value with the late surgery to push a cut. Now he will likely get the cut, but the niners will hold on to him until about june / july when there are no starting jobs likely to be available. It was a worthwhile gambit by Jimmy, but very likely is going to blow up in his face if someone doesn't come to the table with an offer while he's hurt. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Seems I fell for a fake twitter account. 

I just don’t understand the people behind these fake Twitter accounts.

What motivates someone to create a fake Adam Schefter profile on social media and post moderately realistic but ultimately fake  signing news? What are they getting out of it other than wasting everyone’s time, including their own? It’s really tragic behavior.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jimmy decided to try and blow up his trade value with the late surgery to push a cut. Now he will likely get the cut, but the niners will hold on to him until about june / july when there are no starting jobs likely to be available. It was a worthwhile gambit by Jimmy, but very likely is going to blow up in his face if someone doesn't come to the table with an offer while he's hurt. 

They should wait until camp. If a starting QB on a contender blows his knee out we could see a Sam Bradford to the Vikings type trade.

If not, just keep him as the best backup in the league and then pocket a 3rd rounder when he walks next year. 

8 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I just don’t understand the people behind these fake Twitter accounts.

What motivates someone to create a fake Adam Schefter profile on social media and post moderately realistic but ultimately fake  signing news? What are they getting out of it other than wasting everyone’s time, including their own? It’s really tragic behavior.

The same reason people decide to troll on social media. It’s childish behavior.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why would he do that? To choose his next team, ok but he's not guaranteed to make more then his current contract number. Getting surgery that late Hurts his value not helps signing with another franchise. 

Honestly think like numerous players before him, he tried to take the rehab route "rather" then surgery which has created all of this hesitation/question marks with signing/trading for him.

Most players avoid surgery at all cost, just saying. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

There's nothing to suggest the colts think highly of him at all tbh. 

No one does. McVay/Shanahan get the most out of QB’s. We’ve seen Jimmy at his best… with a stacked roster to boot, and still can’t get a ring.

Just in case people forgot, Jimmy was a 106.2 rated passer in NE and Shanny was not there.

And Shanny without Jimmy starting would have been fired years ago.

31-14 with Jimmy vs 8-28 without

Its bizarre to flip this around in your head and pretend Shanny made Jimmy.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why would he do that? To choose his next team, ok but he's not guaranteed to make more then his current contract number. Getting surgery that late Hurts his value not helps signing with another franchise. 

Honestly think like numerous players before him, he tried to take the rehab route "rather" then surgery which has created all of this hesitation/question marks with signing/trading for him.

Most players avoid surgery at all cost, just saying. 

Money isn't an issue. He's not shopping in the same bucket as Tyrod Taylor (who got 8+ million locked up) or Teddy Bridgewater (6+). He's a viable starting QB option for playoff teams. He's a starting quarterback and his agent would shop him as such. True starting QBs aren't going to go for less than 25M after accounting for a signing bonus. So that's really not a thing. If he signed for 4 years, 80M (20m/yr, which is insanely cheap on the current cap market for an actual starting QB) with a 20M signing bonus, he's already gotten back all the money. 

To think that he's not going to get 25M back would mean you don't think he's a starting QB. He's got a nearly 8 million dollar floor on his money just because of the injuries guarantees. 

Even Joe Staley thinks he did it to nuke his trade value, and that's not a dude who speaks up about those kind of things. 

Of course it's all supposition and guesswork. The 49ers are notoriously tight lipped as an organization and Jimmy isn't the type that has brought this up publicly. Someone (Rob Guerrera) posited a notion that the 49ers were brought offers by Jimmy and Don Yee (the 49ers have used agents to find trades before, that's how the Colts ended up with Buckner, apparently) and they said no and Jimmy and Don were upset about it. A theory, but certainly one I could see. There have been a ton of reports about expected compensation and the like, none of which can be believed but are definitely out there. And I could certainly see the 49ers just playing hardball with this.