2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

50 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Saints, Seahawks, Panthers, and Falcons.

My money is on the Saints because of their draft pick being the lowest.

This didn't age well.

Edited by Nick_gb

8 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So about Jimmy G?  Does he have a market at this point?  Doubt Lynch would trade him to SEA.  Would CAR have interest?  Any other team?

I think Carolina would actually be pretty solid with Jimmy G, but I don’t think they want to give up any more capital. They either wait for a release, Take a rookie, or embrace the tank and run it back with Darnold and Cam 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So about Jimmy G?  Does he have a market at this point?  Doubt Lynch would trade him to SEA.  Would CAR have interest?  Any other team?

No, his market is dead. 

Report from Carolina was that they checked in on him at the combine, but they aren't fans of his. At this juncture, I suspect that they will draft a guy at 6. 

Matt Maiocco said that he doesn't believe that there's been any real offers made. 

I anticipate Jimmy G with the 49ers until the summer at this point. He can't throw for another 3.5 months. Trey will get all the snaps in OTAs / Minis. 

The wrinkle that this adds is that if Trey struggles and shows that he's not any good, they still have Jimmy on the roster. That wasn't supposed to be the case. I think everyone expected him to be well gone by now but the surgery kind of blew everything up. Now I had to admit the possibility, as unlikely as it is, that there is a scenario where he sticks around (Trey could also get hurt). 

So right now, I'd anticipate that we keep him around until after June to get healthy, see if anyone loses a QB. At that point, if Trey has been okay, they'll just cut Jimmy; they aren't going to carry that cap hit as a back up for the year, and keeping Jimmy around in the locker room in that situation is....problematic. 

However, there is a small chance, somewhere in the universe, where Lance just sucks. I mean, it can happen. Or he could get hurt.  If that's the case, the team is currently budgeted for Jimmy to be on the team (you know, since he's actually on the team). They could restructure with void years, maybe push extensions for Deebo / Bosa out for another year instead of doing them this year. The team isn't in a hurry now, so you may as well ride this out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

No, his market is dead. 

Report from Carolina was that they checked in on him at the combine, but they aren't fans of his. At this juncture, I suspect that they will draft a guy at 6. 

Matt Maiocco said that he doesn't believe that there's been any real offers made. 

I anticipate Jimmy G with the 49ers until the summer at this point. He can't throw for another 3.5 months. Trey will get all the snaps in OTAs / Minis. 

The wrinkle that this adds is that if Trey struggles and shows that he's not any good, they still have Jimmy on the roster. That wasn't supposed to be the case. I think everyone expected him to be well gone by now but the surgery kind of blew everything up. Now I had to admit the possibility, as unlikely as it is, that there is a scenario where he sticks around (Trey could also get hurt). 

So right now, I'd anticipate that we keep him around until after June to get healthy, see if anyone loses a QB. At that point, if Trey has been okay, they'll just cut Jimmy; they aren't going to carry that cap hit as a back up for the year, and keeping Jimmy around in the locker room in that situation is....problematic. 

However, there is a small chance, somewhere in the universe, where Lance just sucks. I mean, it can happen. Or he could get hurt.  If that's the case, the team is currently budgeted for Jimmy to be on the team (you know, since he's actually on the team). They could restructure with void years, maybe push extensions for Deebo / Bosa out for another year instead of doing them this year. The team isn't in a hurry now, so you may as well ride this out. 

The other scenario is that Watson gets hit with a much longer than expected penalty (8 games for example).   CLE obviously could keep Baker but that ship looks like it’s sailing.    

Basically SF needs some team to have their QB situation completely blow up in June.  Then all bets are off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The other scenario is that Watson gets hit with a much longer than expected penalty (8 games for example).   CLE obviously could keep Baker but that ship looks like it’s sailing.    

Basically SF needs some team to have their QB situation completely blow up in June.  Then all bets are off. 

49ers rolling with the Napoleon Battle Plan at this point. 

First you show up, then you see what happens. 

(Awesome points to anyone who knows that reference because that means you're old like me). 

It sucks, but that's really where they are at. They are hoping for a Bradford situation to present itself 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

49ers rolling with the Napoleon Battle Plan at this point. 

First you show up, then you see what happens. 

(Awesome points to anyone who knows that reference because that means you're old like me). 

It sucks, but that's really where they are at. They are hoping for a Bradford situation to present itself 

Underrated show.   Sabrina Lloyd FTW. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drew39k said:

CBS sports is reporting that the 49ers have an offer of two second rounder on the table for Jimmy g.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jimmy-garoppolo-trade-rumors-49ers-have-been-offered-two-second-round-picks-for-veteran-qb-per-report/

I don’t buy it, because surely they’d have accepted that by now? Unless it’s the ‘Hawks that doesn’t make sense to me.