2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not now. I still view it as unlikely, but the fact is that the original idea is that he would have been gone by now and if Trey sucked in OTAs or got nicked up you really had no choice in the matter. 

Now there is a choice and you can see what unfolds with Trey. 

The other reason SF does this is also to create the narrative they don’t have to trade JimmyG.   CLE is absolutely hamstrung by this narrative.    Even if SF thinks Lance is ready it only hurts their position if JimmyG is seen as unnecessary.  

Lance could need more time.  He could be ready in the eyes of the FO.   But the former narrative only helps SF look like a buyer needs to make the offer worthwhile for them to consider.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We gotta talk about the WR's Patrick Mahomes is about to play this season with, because it ain't looking good.

Let’s make sure he doesn’t get Waddle or Moore back in that trade first tbh. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We gotta talk about the WR's Patrick Mahomes is about to play this season with, because it ain't looking good.

They'll use one of the picks they get on someone like Skyy Moore or Chris Olave and Mahomes will turn him into a pro bowler.

23 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah 

I mean hes not just a speed receiver. Hes a great route runner, has enough hops to dunk on a NBA net, and the natural ability to track the ball in the air. Even losing half a step hell still be a fast/good receiver

He'd be a good 14 million a year receiver at 30 million.

4 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

It sounds more and more like it to me

Nah because nothing that happens right now is important. You don't release him now and pay him an injury guarantee of 8M when you can just wait 3 months and cut him for free when he's healthy. 

But now it opens the chances that Trey sucks or gets hurt into the equation when it shouldn't have happened originally and you have a back up plan that is still on the roster. 

Before they were going to have had to cross that bridge by now. Now they are crossing that bridge 3 months later. So it's just in a holding pattern. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Let’s make sure he doesn’t get Waddle or Moore back in that trade first tbh. 

As good as Tyreek is, getting a return of a young, promising WR on a rookie deal and a first round pick for him would be a huge win for KC. Would the Jets do Elijah Moore and 10 for Hill?

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Do you think it's a realistic shot those teams would give up those pieces for Tyreek Hill?

Given the asking price is multiple firsts and other teams besides these two have inquired seriously, I could see it, probably more so with Moore

Just now, minutemancl said:

They'll use one of the picks they get on someone like Skyy Moore or Chris Olave and Mahomes will turn him into a pro bowler.

The same way they turned Mecole Hardman into a pro bowler?

Also I just looked, he's the ONLY WR they've taken in the first 3 rounds since 2015 (Chris Conley), and before that 2011 (Jonathan Baldwin).

Guys they've drafted since Tyreek Hill:

• Jehu Chesson
  • Tremon Smith
  • Mecole Hardman
  • Cornell Powell

They're all trash, including Hardman who was a 2nd rounder.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Juju, Old man Kelce, uhhh, corey Coleman, 

i imagine theyre hitting this deep draft a couple times 😂

Just now, minutemancl said:

As good as Tyreek is, getting a return of a young, promising WR on a rookie deal and a first round pick for him would be a huge win for KC. Would the Jets do Elijah Moore and 10 for Hill?

I could see this and even another D2 pick as value for what they’re asking.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Maybe….in 2023.    Banking on the rookie explosion year is an iffy prop.   OBJ / Chase / J-Jefferson rookie years are outliers for a reason.   

Trading Hill instead of paying him 25-28M+ AAV (let alone 30M) could easily work outfor KC in the long run.  The odds of it working out in the short run are pretty long indeed.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1