2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

54 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I feel like Mathieu is 43 years old how much money does he want?

He must have hacked Google, 29 can not be correct.

AAV wise he's probably worth ~10M? Wouldn't surprise me if he's trying to demand more than Williams got at 14M

17 minutes ago, adamq said:

AAV wise he's probably worth ~10M? Wouldn't surprise me if he's trying to demand more than Williams got at 14M

He'll be 30 in like 2 months.

I would go a tier up, on that. I think teams are probably willing to match the contract he's already on, which is in line with Marcus Williams, Quandre Diggs, Kevin Byard, etc., while he's probably asking for $17M+. Either that, or teams want him on a 2 or 3 year deal due to age, and he's pushing for 4 or 5. But we gave him a 3 year $14M per year deal originally, and I think if that was still what he wanted, we'd have kept him on for the same rate.

I think he's going to wind up settling for even less just because we're getting further and further into teams just not having big money left.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, adamq said:

Thats crazy, feels like hes been in the league forever. I feel like hes been a 30 year old veteran S for the past 5 years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adamq said:

I heard he wants 18 mill lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Did they need him to do more because of injuries or did he just look better doing the same thing?

In the first half of the year he was being asked to do more as the traditional “mike” backer in the defense and really struggled, but then we moved him over to the weak inside linebacker spot and inserted a 35 year old Josh Bynes at mike and it seemed to settle Queen down significantly.

Currently he’s at his best as a “see ball get ball” type player who can use his speed to blow through gaps and make plays. When he has to start thinking about coverages and assignments he plays significantly slower and often with less energy.

• Like 1

He's not the same guy as he was 5 years ago. He missed way too many extra points. (9 in 2 years). He missed 6 extra points in his career before Dallas. He's also lost his 50+ mojo (5 of 14 in Dallas). He was 33 of 55 before Dallas.

I'd love Tyrann Mathieu the Honey-Badger as an NY Jet. 

FS: Tyrann Mathieu.

SS: Jordan Whitehead. 

Draft Sauce Gardner @ CB and all of a sudden NY has one of the most talented Secondaries around.

{featuring the likes of Mathieu/Whitehead @ FS/SS Safety + Sauce Gardner/D.J. Reed @ CB along with Bryce Hall, Michael Carter II and Brandin Echols at CB 3-5}. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGk4DI0vhsbIKUxZ48kld

Let's goooooo. 

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

McVay is that dude. I don't want to be annoyed even more by having to like the guy 

Swag GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Lovie back there with that big grey beard like yeah so what “Say something about me and I’ll Will Smith slap you”

• Like 2