2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

We need OL more than we need CBs. Becton's health is questionable and Fant ain't getting any younger.

Interesting. Didn’t think either were looking at getting replaced yet (which I assume you’d be doing with Ickey or Neal in the fold unless you roll them at OG year 1)?

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Would imagine you’re probably correct. Keep forgetting they have 2 2’s as well. Definitely a prime team to move some capital for a proven weapon for Wilson. 

Wonder if they’d still go for a receiver at 10? Corey Davis would be what, WR4?

I doubt it they just paid him last offseason, they'd start Deebo, Moore, and Davis. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

You think they’d sit whoever they take at 10? Wouldn’t last long imo.

I don't think they're trading 35/38 for a WR and then taking a WR at #10. They just paid Davis and drafted Moore in the 2nd round last year. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think they're trading 35/38 for a WR and then taking a WR at #10. They just paid Davis and drafted Moore in the 2nd round last year. 

Ah I see.

Personally, I’d still be ok with doubling down if I were them even with their current depth chart. Especially with how versatile Deebo is and the underwhelming first season from Davis who they can likely cut next year with little issue.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Kupp signed a 3 yr/$47M deal in 2020, all of the WR's who are potentially holding out are on their rookie deals.

Yeah it must be nice to be able to act holier than thou when youre already getting paid😂

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Ah I see.

Personally, I’d still be ok with doubling down if I were them even with their current depth chart. Especially with how versatile Deebo is and the underwhelming first season from Davis who they can likely cut next year with little issue.

A first, 3 seconds, and two big contracts is a lot to invest into one group.

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

It’s cool that Kupp wants to take that approach, but elite players getting their worth shouldn’t ever be frowned upon. One nasty injury or they begin slowing down a bit and that organization is kicking them to a curb the first chance they get.

I don't think I'd classify all those WRs as elite. Deebo and Kupp at least have a season to make that argument.

Brown and McLaurin though, to me, are the next tier down and shouldn't be holding out.

Jefferson is better than both and it would make more sense for him to hold out.

Some common sense has to apply else Mahomes would just demand more money every year when a worse QB gets to his pay.

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

I don't think I'd classify all those WRs as elite. Deebo and Kupp at least have a season to make that argument.

Brown and McLaurin though, to me, are the next tier down and shouldn't be holding out.

Jefferson is better than both and it would make more sense for him to hold out.

Some common sense has to apply else Mahomes would just demand more money every year when a worse QB gets to his pay.

Elite wasn’t the right term, but they all deserve to be in that next wave of big contracts I’d say. Deebo has been one of the more dynamic weapons in the game and McLaurin and AJ Brown are two of the best young/ascending receivers in the game who are legit 1’s imo. 

All of them (Deebo, AJ, and McLaurin) are also are making pennies right now. Little bit different if they were all making $15M per already as is like Kupp. This is all of their first big payday and they’re pushing the envelope. Good on them imo.

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

It’s cool that Kupp wants to take that approach, but elite players getting their worth shouldn’t ever be frowned upon. One nasty injury or they begin slowing down a bit and that organization is kicking them to a curb the first chance they get.

I have the same initial feeling as Kupp, and it is a genuinely selfless stance to take, but in reality it is the opposite. Kupp needs to realize that he needs to get paid what he's worth so that other players can get paid what they are worth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I have the same initial feeling as Kupp, and it is a genuinely selfless stance to take, but in reality it is the opposite. Kupp needs to realize that he needs to get paid what he's worth so that other players can get paid what they are worth.

Disagree.  If Kupp couldn't care less and wants to take the Brady approach of taking less money to win SB's, that's on him. He has no obligation to set the market.  The market is already rediculously set by Adams, Hopkins and Hill. As well as the Kirk deal which will be the bench mark for all negotiations moving forward. Thanks Jacksonville! 👍

The problem is every young WR (every positional group really) wants to be the highest paid at the position whether it's warranted or not. There in lies the problem.  Wr's who really don't deserve 25-30M but will ultimately get it because that's the market and they are next up in line for a payday.