2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

I don't know about other teams and how they negotiate, but the niners have been a pain to deal with contract wise under this regime. 

Joel Corry once stated that he would keep clients away from the 49ers...George Kittle and Fred Warner didn't make a stink about their contract negotiations, but Kittle's agent called the 49ers' initial contract extension offer "the valentine's day massacre". 

So I'm not sure I would expect the same level of difficulty, but i can't say for sure since I'm not sure about the other teams. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know about other teams and how they negotiate, but the niners have been a pain to deal with contract wise under this regime. 

Joel Corry once stated that he would keep clients away from the 49ers...George Kittle and Fred Warner didn't make a stink about their contract negotiations, but Kittle's agent called the 49ers' initial contract extension offer "the valentine's day massacre". 

So I'm not sure I would expect the same level of difficulty, but i can't say for sure since I'm not sure about the other teams. 

Hard for Rams fans to tell we play with the cap off /s

We've been pretty lucky with players to be honest of late and Snead/McVay have guys they want to keep and make every effort to keep but there are also guys they don't even offer deals to reportedly like John Johnson III and a few others. The only guy they went after recently and didn't retain would be Von and can't blame either party in that really. We're very lucky with those two running the team right now.

24 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Given the oversaturation of the WR market--I dont think its as high as the 49ers hope it is. WR is quickly becoming the new RB.

It's like the complete opposite of the running back market. Teams are consistently spending high picks on the position in the draft, paying big money for them in free agency and contract extensions, and trading good picks for them. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's like the complete opposite of the running back market. Teams are consistently spending high picks on the position consistently in the draft, paying big money for them in free agency and contract extensions, and trading good picks for them. 

This a passing league not a running league

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Teams are consistently spending high picks on the position in the draft, paying big money for them in free agency and contract extensions, and trading good picks for them. 

Some teams are doing that.
Others have taken a different approach; but are forced to play in the same arena as teams with Wide Receiver Fever

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Some teams are doing that.
Others have taken a different approach; but are forced to play in the same arena as teams with Wide Receiver Fever

You'll be doing that too when you trade for Deebo, sir :P

Justis is willing it into existence. 

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

FYI, Deebo is 6-0 0-1 against the Rams mostly because Tartt dropped a pass in his hands.

He put up 381 total yards and 4 TDs vs the Rams in 3 games last season.

Kupp had 398 and 4 in the same games and had the best season in NFL history for a WR

He is Dey

Again what’s with the “if Tartt didn’t drop the ball the Niners win” lie. It’s not true. It was a 3pt game and the Niners offense didn’t get a single positive yard from the 12:10 mark of the 4th throughout the rest of the game. So even if Tartt caught the ball the Niners showed they weren’t moving the ball at all PLUS how are you going to ignore that pick 6 Ramsey dropped? So we talk about Tartt dropped int that wouldn’t have been a pick 6 but completely act like Ramsey actual pick 6 he dropped never happened. So no people need to stop acting like the Niners would’ve won had Tartt caught that ball bc they wouldn’t have. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Again what’s with the “if Tartt didn’t drop the ball the Niners win” lie. It’s not true. It was a 3pt game and the Niners offense didn’t get a single positive yard from the 12:10 mark of the 4th throughout the rest of the game. So even if Tartt caught the ball the Niners showed they weren’t moving the ball at all PLUS how are you going to ignore that pick 6 Ramsey dropped? So we talk about Tartt dropped int that wouldn’t have been a pick 6 but completely act like Ramsey actual pick 6 he dropped never happened. So no people need to stop acting like the Niners would’ve won had Tartt caught that ball bc they wouldn’t have. 

I mean, you can't just act like they wouldn't have, either lol.

It's a hypothetical

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, you can't just act like they wouldn't have, either lol.

It's a hypothetical

I’m simply going off facts. The Niners offense didn’t move the ball a single yard for the rest of the game after Mitchell ran for 9yds at 12:10 in the 4th. So tell me how the Niners win when they weren’t moving the ball in the 4th and they allowed Kupp and OBJ to kill them in the 4th? Please explain? 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

I’m simply going off facts. The Niners offense didn’t move the ball a single yard for the rest of the game after Mitchell ran for 9yds at 12:10 in the 4th. So tell me how the Niners win when they weren’t moving the ball in the 4th and they allowed Kupp and OBJ to kill them in the 4th? Please explain? 

Well, the entire game changes  if the int is made. You have no idea how it plays out. 

I can't believe you're legitimately going to criticize him for making that assumption and then do the same thing lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, the entire game changes  if the int is made. You have no idea how it plays out. 

I can't believe you're legitimately going to criticize him for making that assumption and then do the same thing lol

How does the game change if the int is made? I think we automatically assume it would change but that’s not always the case. The Rams defense in particular Donald took over the 4th. Even if Stafford throws the pick, Jimmy G would’ve still walked out there and do what he did that entire 4th quarter and stink it up.

Again I still say if we are going to talk about what if Tartt catches the ball, how come nobody ever talks about what if Ramsey catches the ball he drops late in the 4th that would’ve been a pick 6? So nobody can pick and choose how to frame a Niners victory had this or that happened differently. They simply collapsed in the 4th quarter and lost and it had nothing to do with one play. 

Edited by stl4life07

6 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

How does the game change if the int is made? I think we automatically assume it would change but that’s not always the case. The Rams defense in particular Donald took over the 4th. Even if Stafford throws the pick, Jimmy G would’ve still walked out there and do what he did that entire 4th quarter and stink it up.

You mean outside of everything that happens following being completely different?