2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Adams will never hit FA, like ever! He will be FTagged before that ever happens. 

Either with a long term contract in mind/goal as a Packer or in conjunction with a trade if the Rodgers drama unravels.

I was just about to ask Packers fans similar. I know that they are having some cap issues, but I would have thought a tag would be a no brainer, even if it's a tag and trade. Can't believe that there would be any way that he actually hits the market. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was just about to ask Packers fans similar. I know that they are having some cap issues, but I would have thought a tag would be a no brainer, even if it's a tag and trade. Can't believe that there would be any way that he actually hits the market. 

I think that is the general sense of what most would prefer.... using the franchise tag vs letting Adams hit FA. 

Better yet is a new contract before the tag is needed.

Fitting the tag value under the cap at league start is more cap issues.

Dominos that need to fall to fit Adams in on the tag value..... several of the big pieces

Rodgers situation

Jaire Alexander extension

Z Smith cut/ restructure/ extension 

Preston Smith cut/ restructure/ extension 

Smaller things like

cutting Cobb

Billy Turner,  Adrian Amos,  Dean Lowry are also pieces that can be used for cap space

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Him hitting the market or even a hint he'd become a FA automatically forces the Rodgers I want a trade demand IMO. 

I know GB doesn't like using the Tag but I think it's unlikely a long term contract for Adams is in place before FA unless Rodgers and his agent are behind the scenes taking less money to get it done.

Doubt that as well tbh.

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Bengals should trade for Tunsil. 

That's it. 

That's the post. 

If the Texans trade Cooks and Tunsil (and Watson)... who would be considered the best player on that team? Is it... is it Davis Mills with the most value at that point?

Edited by Trojan

17 minutes ago, Trojan said:

If the Texans trade Cooks and Tunsil (and Watson)... who would be considered the best player on that team? Is it... is it Davis Mills with the most value at that point?

I think so lol 

• Like 1