2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

18 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Nah he was a coward. How many 4 and shorts did he punt? My man pooped his pants. No one is in more danger than Kyle with a 10 point lead. Bet the house. 

The niners had a 10 point lead for all of 3 minutes. The rams immediately scored a touchdown on the next possession to make it a 3 point game. 

This wasnt some Kyle Shanahan collapse. It was a failure of the offense, yes, but my point is that a lot of that falls on the fact Jimmy was extremely limited

41 minutes ago, N4L said:

The niners had a 10 point lead for all of 3 minutes. The rams immediately scored a touchdown on the next possession to make it a 3 point game. 

This wasnt some Kyle Shanahan collapse. It was a failure of the offense, yes, but my point is that a lot of that falls on the fact Jimmy was extremely limited

That was just a weird game. The Rams only punted once the entire game and didn't score on four possessions total - the first was the punt, second was the 3rd and goal pass break up into an INT, the third was a missed FG where Skowronek dropped a wide open TD a few plays before and the fourth was the 4th and inches sneak which is a pretty high percentage play.

Only one drive didn't enter SF territory.

And yet we scored 13 of our 20 points on our last three possessions.

12 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I have the same initial feeling as Kupp, and it is a genuinely selfless stance to take, but in reality it is the opposite. Kupp needs to realize that he needs to get paid what he's worth so that other players can get paid what they are worth.

The irony behind these comments people make (about wanting players to get paid as much as they can) is that if Patrick Mahomes was a FA and chose to sign with your team for one million dollars a year you'd be ecstatic.

But based on what you wrote above, you should actually be angry and take to the internet to chastise Mahomes and your team for signing for so far under market value.

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Again what’s with the “if Tartt didn’t drop the ball the Niners win” lie. It’s not true. It was a 3pt game and the Niners offense didn’t get a single positive yard from the 12:10 mark of the 4th throughout the rest of the game. So even if Tartt caught the ball the Niners showed they weren’t moving the ball at all PLUS how are you going to ignore that pick 6 Ramsey dropped? So we talk about Tartt dropped int that wouldn’t have been a pick 6 but completely act like Ramsey actual pick 6 he dropped never happened. So no people need to stop acting like the Niners would’ve won had Tartt caught that ball bc they wouldn’t have. 

The old turnovers are important myth... gotcha. I'm sure you've got analytics backing that up, right? How about anecdotes? How about anything but a lame opinion?

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Jimmy was a physical mess.

Tartt dropped a ball in his hands.

Kyle pooped his pants on 4th downs.

All 3 can be true. Its almost like the Rams were not gods and much like Cincy they got hot at the right time but were a play or two better in 3 games. Run it back!!!!

5 hours ago, Forge said:

It's like the complete opposite of the running back market. Teams are consistently spending high picks on the position in the draft, paying big money for them in free agency and contract extensions, and trading good picks for them. 

Lets see how the Samuel/Brown/McLaurin/Metcalf, ect market shakes out first. This has to balance itself out eventually like any type of market. I dont believe there is all of a sudden going to be 7 100M+ WRs in the NFL when every year it becomes easier and easier to replace them in the draft for cheap.

I also think that the Jags negligence with Kirk threw a wrench into the entire market. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

That was just a weird game. The Rams only punted once the entire game and didn't score on four possessions total - the first was the punt, second was the 3rd and goal pass break up into an INT, the third was a missed FG where Skowronek dropped a wide open TD a few plays before and the fourth was the 4th and inches sneak which is a pretty high percentage play.

Only one drive didn't enter SF territory.

And yet we scored 13 of our 20 points on our last three possessions.

This is all absolutely true. The 49ers benefitted from the ball bouncing their way.

The Jimmie Ward INT off a deflection in the endzone flipped the game early. 

The dropped TD was HUGE

Rams had multiple opportunities to break the game wide open early, but failed to. 

All of this only proves my point that - for the most part - any competent NFL starting QB besides a broken Jimmy Garoppolo would have won that game for the 49ers. They got basically zero from the guy outside of 3ish throws. It was a pitiful showing by a broken QB. His balls were floating in the air way too much, and he cant throw the ball on the run, or turn his back to the defense on play action from under center.

To be fair, the Rams had a great gameplan on both sides of the ball.

DeMeco Ryans got caught in the wrong coverage a couple of times and Tartt got flat footed once or twice. 

Aaron Donald dropped anchor and was just a space eater in the middle to prevent our OL from rubbing onto LBs and other players. Clogged everything up. Rams were ready for what we were going to throw at them for the most part. 

Edited by N4L

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Jimmy was a physical mess.

Kyle pooped his pants on 4th downs.

Do you not see how these two things are related? 

Coaches who trust their QB go for it on 4th down

Kyle has been one of the most conservative coaches in the league on 4th down with Jimmy as his QB, but was one of the most aggressive with Lance. 

I forget the exact numbers, but it was something like kyle went for it 20 times all season, and 13 of those times were with lance.... in 10 quarters

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The old turnovers are important myth... gotcha. I'm sure you've got analytics backing that up, right? How about anecdotes? How about anything but a lame opinion?

Im not saying that. What Im saying is the Niners offense couldnt get a single yard for the last 12 minutes of the game. Tartt dropped int came within those 12 minutes. If the Niners were moving the ball in the 4th even decently I would agree that if Tartt just gave them another possession with some momentum maybe they go down and score a TD and go back up by 10 and win. The fact that they didnt even get a single yard for the last 12 minutes, all Tartt wouldve done was give the ball back to the Niners offense for them to do nothing again and the same results wouldve happened. Thats the harsh reality of that 4th quarter. Rams moved the ball and yes nearly made one mistake but the Niners couldnt move the ball, made one mistake with Jimmy G int and almost made another one if Ramsey didnt drop a pick 6 which again YOU didnt mention and nobody else mentions. Its only "Tartt drops the int". So I guess Ramsey dropping the int that came AFTER Tartt dropped int doesnt count, right? Its call confirmation bias to try to justify why the Niners shouldve won bc if all is equal every time you talk about "what if Tartt catches the ball" you must say "what if Ramsey catches the ball". Both had chances to make a big play in the 4th a didnt. And unlike Tartt, Ramsey actually had an easy and clear pick 6. So lets make it make sense. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Im not saying that. What Im saying is the Niners offense couldnt get a single yard for the last 12 minutes of the game. Tartt dropped int came within those 12 minutes. If the Niners were moving the ball in the 4th even decently I would agree that if Tartt just gave them another possession with some momentum maybe they go down and score a TD and go back up by 10 and win. The fact that they didnt even get a single yard for the last 12 minutes, all Tartt wouldve done was give the ball back to the Niners offense for them to do nothing again and the same results wouldve happened. Thats the harsh reality of that 4th quarter. Rams moved the ball and yes nearly made one mistake but the Niners couldnt move the ball, made one mistake with Jimmy G int and almost made another one if Ramsey didnt drop a pick 6 which again YOU didnt mention and nobody else mentions. Its only "Tartt drops the int". So I guess Ramsey dropping the int that came AFTER Tartt dropped int doesnt count, right? Its call confirmation bias to try to justify why the Niners shouldve won bc if all is equal every time you talk about "what if Tartt catches the ball" you must say "what if Ramsey catches the ball". Both had chances to make a big play in the 4th a didnt. And unlike Tartt, Ramsey actually had an easy and clear pick 6. So lets make it make sense. 

nvm - i misunderstood what you said. 

Just now, Forge said:

Ohhhhh yeah. But it happens lol. 

Give us some Rams rumors to get us back on track. 

I try not to after being told I replaced Rammy as the annoying Rams fan for posting Rams stuff in the stats thread. Seems I’m supposed to post other teams stuff.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I try not to after being told I replaced Rammy as the annoying Rams fan for posting Rams stuff in the stats thread. Seems I’m supposed to post other teams stuff.

Thats dumb. You are plugged into the Rams, you should provide relevant information so the rest of us can become informed. I know I rely on fans of teams for information all the time. I am sure I am not alone in that. 

• Like 2