2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

4 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I hope Kinlaw makes good on that potential. I read an article saying he's looking the part.

Imagine if they drafted Tristan Wirfs instead of taking Kinlaw. They would have one of the best tackle combinations of all time

7 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I hope Kinlaw makes good on that potential. I read an article saying he's looking the part.

I'm not holding my breath. Definitely is in the best shape of his career though. Can definitely see that

15 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Imagine if they drafted Tristan Wirfs instead of taking Kinlaw. They would have one of the best tackle combinations of all time

Maybe if Trent Williams was also in his 20's but yes it would of been a better combo then they currently have absolutely. 

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Maybe if Trent Williams was also in his 20's but yes it would of been a better combo then they currently have absolutely. 

Trent is the best LT in the league right Now, he had an all time great season at that position last year.  Wirfs is the best RT. When has a team ever had both?

Edited by CP3MVP

22 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Trent is the best LT in the league right Now, he had an all time great season at that position last year.  Wirfs is the best RT. When has a team ever had both?

Browns had both Joe Thomas and Mitchell Schwartz for I think 4 years. 2014/2015 they would've had an argument.

On 7/24/2022 at 4:25 AM, CP3MVP said:

I did do this in our "Are you smarter than" draft that year, but the truth is that with McG in the fold and still under control for 3 years (all on a rookie deal + 5th year option), it was probably always going to be either / or for those two. 

I still took Wirfs because I was fine with turning him into a guard and playing him at RG for few years if needed

17 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Trent is the best LT in the NFL no question, regardless of age. He’s been the best LT majority of seasons his entire career when healthy. First ballot. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Trent is the best LT in the NFL no question, regardless of age. He’s been the best LT majority of seasons his entire career when healthy. First ballot. 

No he hasn't.  Arguments for most years during Trents career could of been made for other LT like Joe Thomas, Tyron Smith, David Bakhtiri, Jason Peters  and yes even Rashawn Slater last season as a rookie.

Was Trent fantastic in 2021 at age 33 absolutely. His one and only AP season. Let's be clear.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

No he hasn't.  Arguments for most years during Trents career could of been made for other LT like Joe Thomas, Tyron Smith, David Bakhtiri, Jason Peters  and yes even Rashawn Slater last season as a rookie.

Was Trent fantastic in 2021 at age 33 absolutely. His one and only AP season. Let's be clear.

From 2012-2019 Trent was #1 in almost everyones OT lists, this is just recency bias in your part. He’s had some health issues, and no desire to play for Washington, but he is back to being the #1 OT in the NFL. 

That's a big no on Trent Williams superiority. Dude has 1 first team All Pro and 1 second team. When healthy (14+ games) means 6 seasons out of 12? 2 out of 12 for 16 games.

• He was inferior to Peters for a long time. (2010-2014)
  • Duane Brown was probably better for a while (2011-2014)
  • He was inferior to Bakhtiari for a long time. (2016-2020)
  • Armstead was probably better 2018-2020
  • Wirfs is better now 2020-2021
  • We will see going forward on young guys like Slater

He's in the mix for top 4 LT most years like lots of guys.

He played really well in 2021 and has some highlight reel plays during his career.. He's probably a HoF player. He was almost never the best.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

From 2012-2019 Trent was #1 in almost everyones OT lists, this is just recency bias in your part. He’s had some health issues, and no desire to play for Washington, but he is back to being the #1 OT in the NFL. 

I don't think anyone had him #1 from 2012 - 2015 when Joe Thomas beat him out as all-pro every single year. I don't think he was #1 in 2019 when he didn't play, or even 2016 - 2017 become questionable as he missed 10 games over those two years. Williams is a great LT, but he was maybe the top one like 2 of those seasons.