2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The excuses being built for Fields already are hilarious. As I said with Darnold, it doesn’t matter what’s around you if you’re a good player you’ll perform. 

Footwork, timing, accuracy, decision making, reading defenses, taking your check down, etc…have little to do with who’s around you. 

That actually has a lot to do with who’s around you. How’re you expected to work through your reads (and progressively get faster at it) if your reads are never open? Or if your line is allowing you to get pressured before getting past the first look? How’re you expected to get your timing down or footwork in place if your internal clock is messed up from being sacked the most times in the league? How’re you expected to make good decisions when your offense is predictable and on top of no one getting schemed open, no one can make a play on the ball when a contested catch comes their way? 

Your surroundings play a huge part of your development and your product. A young quarterback more than most. Are there guys that’ll suck anywhere, sure. Are there guys that would be good in almost any setting, sure. But saying it doesn’t matter what’s around you…that’s silly. 

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

That actually has a lot to do with who’s around you. How’re you expected to work through your reads (and progressively get faster at it) if your reads are never open? Or if your line is allowing you to get pressured before getting past the first look? How’re you expected to get your timing down or footwork in place if your internal clock is messed up from being sacked the most times in the league? How’re you expected to make good decisions when your offense is predictable and on top of no one getting schemed open, no one can make a play on the ball when a contested catch comes their way? 

Your surroundings play a huge part of your development and your product. A young quarterback more than most. Are there guys that’ll suck anywhere, sure. Are there guys that would be good in almost any setting, sure. But saying it doesn’t matter what’s around you…that’s silly. 

I don’t wanna hear any excuses. If he’s good he’ll show it, if he’s not we’ll see that too. Period. 

On 8/6/2022 at 1:27 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

However, if Poles don't extend Roquan than my low expectations will turn from disappointment to so mad that I can only laugh at this point.

"Unfortunately, the new regime doesn't value me here.  They've refused to negotiate in good faith, every step of this journey has been "take it or leave it" ". 

--Roquan Smith

main-qimg-366c3c14e2404f2debcb7dd7757a7d

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t wanna hear any excuses. If he’s good he’ll show it, if he’s not we’ll see that too. Period. 

So what's your per game stat benchmark for Fields to show that he's a good QB with that offensive talent? 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

“I don’t care that logically it makes no sense to expect a young, developmental QB to make chicken salad out of chicken poop - iF hE’s gOoD hE’lL sHoW iT!!!”

Good luck, dude. 

On 8/7/2022 at 10:59 PM, JAF-N72EX said:

I've been the most critical Bears fan on the forum regarding Poles' decisions. I just hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.

Well, I hope you are right.  ;)

But to be fair to the new regime, they probably want to clean house.  As you said in a later post, the Bears will have a boatload of money and actually have draft picks next year.  The problem with the Bears is, this is the 3rd? full break down of the team in 10 or so years and fans are (rightfully) impatient.  Everything is cyclical, eventually the Bears will find the right football guys and they will be good again.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

“I don’t care that logically it makes no sense to expect a young, developmental QB to make chicken salad out of chicken poop - iF hE’s gOoD hE’lL sHoW iT!!!”

Good luck, dude. 

I mean to be fair, if he does have a rough year with that new regime he’s probably cooked anyway. We see young QBs destroyed by situations all the time (and from my perspective that’s exactly what’s happening with Fields, as I said a few pages back).

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean to be fair, if he does have a rough year with that new regime he’s probably cooked anyway. We see young QBs destroyed by situations all the time (and from my perspective that’s exactly what’s happening with Fields, as I said a few pages back).

Very possible it goes that way, sure. But then the debate will be that, apparently, Fields always sucked and he never had a chance in the first place, not even if he were coached by Bill Belichick or Andy Reid. 

I know we’re talking hypotheticals right now, but even if this season looked only marginally better than last, it wouldn’t surprise me. The team’s talent managed to regress from how bad it was last year, the only upgrade appears to be the coaching. I don’t know how anyone could expect progression in that environment, I’m not putting a fork in Fields if it’s ugly. Guys get more than two years before calling it a career IMO.

13 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Very possible it goes that way, sure. But then the debate will be that, apparently, Fields always sucked and he never had a chance in the first place, not even if he were coached by Bill Belichick or Andy Reid. 

I know we’re talking hypotheticals right now, but even if this season looked only marginally better than last, it wouldn’t surprise me. The team’s talent managed to regress from how bad it was last year, the only upgrade appears to be the coaching. I don’t know how anyone could expect progression in that environment, I’m not putting a fork in Fields if it’s ugly. Guys get more than two years before calling it a career IMO.

Yeah I don’t really get with those types of opinions. Clear as day Fields was saddled with a terrible situation and likely is an overwhelming large reason for his issues. From getting dumped with a lame duck HC/limited weapons as a rookie to a new regime again doing nothing as far as bringing in playmakers.

I wouldn’t be calling it a career for Fields either, but usually young QBs who get put through the wringer like that for multiple seasons don’t ever get right unfortunately. Hope I’m wrong if it goes poorly again this year.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah I don’t really get with those types of opinions. Clear as day Fields was saddled with a terrible situation and likely is an overwhelming large reason for his issues. From getting dumped with a lame duck HC/limited weapons as a rookie to a new regime again doing nothing as far as bringing in playmakers.

I wouldn’t be calling it a career for Fields either, but usually young QBs who get put through the wringer like that for multiple seasons don’t ever get right unfortunately. Hope I’m wrong if it goes poorly again this year.

If Fields has a poor year, he probably gets shipped. 

Could be the best thing that could happen for him, as it looks like the Bears would be in at least year 4 or 5 of Fields before they have enough of an offense to reasonably gauge ANY QB. 

I was never high on Fields, but let's call a spade a spade, right? Dude was drafted as a Hail Mary attempt at saving Nagy's job. He wasn't drafted to build around or grow with. And those situations almost always fail. If Fields even looks remotely respectable this year, I say that's a testament to him likely actually being pretty dang good. 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Good luck, dude. 

If you're only good when things are good around you then you really aren't a good player. Everyone told me Sam Darnold needed protection and weapons, turns out he just isn't that good. 

A poor carpenter blames his tools. 

2 hours ago, Dash said:

So what's your per game stat benchmark for Fields to show that he's a good QB with that offensive talent? 

I don't care about stats. If he's;

-Accurate

-Makes good decisions

-Protects the ball as much as he can

-Uses his strengths effectively

-Improves his mechanics

Then to me, that's a successful season for Fields. I don't expect a lot of winning or a ridiculous amount of production from him. 

But if he's throwing picks, sailing passes, missing open guys, etc...then that's an issue and requires some consideration as to whether or not he has it.