2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

2 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Yes. In the past. But not currently.

We can't ignore his 23 games missed because of 3 different shoulder/hamstring/ankle injuries throughout just the previous two years alone. 

Fans tell me Zeke is breaking down and declining but yet Christian McCaffrey hasn't produced a good season since dating back to 2019 and no; I'm not going to ignore his 2020/2021 seasons.

The best ability is availability. 

I actually agree. CMC is overrated because he might get injured.

• Like 5

The Bengals have hit FS Jessie Bates III with their Franchise Tag.

Good. As a Jets fan I'm glad. One less team we'll have to compete against come Free Agency. Just a couple days Cincinnati Bengals had us beat in Available Salary Cap Space but not anymore; Jets now have $13,350,798 more $ to spend than Cincinnati. 

In all seriousness excellent move by those Bengals because Jessie Bates III is a dynamic FS and played his tail off throughout the entire postseason. 

Marcus Williams of New Orleans should become the hands down #1 Safety FA 🎯. 

3 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Good. As a Jets fan I'm glad. One less team we'll have to compete against come Free Agency. Just a couple days Cincinnati Bengals had us beat in Available Salary Cap Space but not anymore; Jets now have $13,350,798 more $ to spend than Cincinnati. 

In all seriousness excellent move by those Bengals because Jessie Bates III is a dynamic FS and played his tail off throughout the entire postseason. 

I don't like the franchise tag for Jessie Bates. He deserved to get paid and deserved a long term deal. He's a genuine star in that position, honestly don't know what Cinci are doing as they have the cap space and his market isn't suddenly going to get cheaper. 

I feel this is a sign they plan on getting as much out of him as possible, for as cheap as possible, before he gets a long-term deal at a different team. I wouldn't be happy if I was a Cinci fan. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DawgX said:

Well, I hope Jeremy Fowler is wrong. Makes no sense to keep Hooper at his current price tag.

if i recall the browns love using 12 personal and they love how Njoku and Hooper compliment each other.   its stupid tho when u consider Harison bryant is still there. 

2 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

I don't like the franchise tag for Jessie Bates. He deserved to get paid and deserved a long term deal. He's a genuine star in that position, honestly don't know what Cinci are doing as they have the cap space and his market isn't suddenly going to get cheaper. 

First time dealing with Mike Brown huh? :) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Believe it or not, this actually makes us more active on the open market this year. Extending Bates would come with $20-25 million in cash spent (signing bonus/guarantees). We now have that capitol to extend to free agent offers. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

I feel this is a sign they plan on getting as much out of him as possible, for as cheap as possible, before he gets a long-term deal at a different team. I wouldn't be happy if I was a Cinci fan. 

At the end of the day (it feels like) the Safety position is becoming even more devalued than the RB position has been over the years (unless you're Seattle and looking to trade away two 1st round draft picks for a box Safety/hybrid LB). 

However, technically; Jessie Bates III did just get paid. $12,911,000 worth. 

Just imagine if you're Jessie Bates III and throughout your first 4 years you've earned $6,854,902 @ $1,713,725 per year but yet you've just woke up to a guaranteed 1 year pay raise of $12,911,000;

You'd currently be celebrating right now, because $12.9M is a lot to wake up to; especially @ the age of only 25. 

His real (big) pay day has still yet to come and it'll come if not next offseason the following Offseason by either Cincinnati or someone else.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

if i recall the browns love using 12 personal and they love how Njoku and Hooper compliment each other.   its stupid tho when u consider Harison bryant is still there. 

Sorry, I just have to point this out: it's complement. Complimenting each other would be if the pair of them were constantly telling one another: "great job as always bro, you're awesome!"