2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

48 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Holy Shhhhh

But hey. 

Jets fans (while Zach Wilson is under a Rookie contract) continue to tell me how Superstar Impactful Star Players aren't allowed in New York and that our GM Joe Douglas is only allowed to settle for mediocrity bargain shopping horse crap deals. 

Despite the fact we're fully loaded and ranked top 5 (4th) in Available Salary Cap Space $48,536,765. 

Chargers get Khalil Mack (while Justin Herbert is under his Rookie Contract) and we'll get "O.J. Howard". 

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

But hey. 

Jets fans (while Zach Wilson is under a Rookie contract) continue to tell me how Superstar Impactful Star Players aren't allowed in New York and that our GM Joe Douglas is only allowed to settle for mediocrity bargain shopping horse crap deals. 

Despite the fact we're fully loaded and ranked top 5 (4th) in Available Salary Cap Space $48,536,765. 

Chargers get Khalil Mack (while Justin Herbert is under his Rookie Contract) and we'll get "O.J. Howard". 

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

First of all none of us said that. You simply have tunnel vision and refuse to see the entire picture. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

First of all none of us said that. You simply have tunnel vision and refuse to see the entire picture. 

No.

I've literally read Jets fans straight up tell me that Joe Douglas will NOT bring in any big name players (not even 1 of them) throughout Free Agency. 

Well I've got news for you.

We haven't made the playoffs in 11 consecutive years and haven't featured star power since Darrelle Revis (draft) and Curtis Martin (trade). 

And you don't have to preach the big picture to me. I know all about building your core throughout the draft. 

But I also know what an 11 years playoff drought looks like when I see one (due to a lack of Star Power).

The Jets have two high 2nd round draft picks and we couldn't have used just only one of them for Khalil Mack despite not having an edge rusher since dating back to #94 John Abraham of 2005 of 17 years ago? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM2BCxpRZu4TfMIkBEzWA

Chargers are allowed to build star power around a Justin Herbert led Rookie contract but I'm being told by my own fan base how Joe Douglas isn't allowed to go guns blazing after the likes of J.C. Jackson/Amari Cooper? 

Just now, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

No.

I've literally read Jets fans straight up tell me that Joe Douglas will NOT bring in any big name players (not even 1 of them) throughout Free Agency. 

We haven't made the playoffs in 11 consecutive years and haven't featured star power since Darrelle Revis (draft) and Curtis Martin (trade). 

And you don't have to preach the big picture to me. I know all about building your core throughout the draft. 

But I also know what an 11 years playoff drought looks like when I see one (due to a lack of Star Power).

The Jets have two high 2nd round draft picks and we couldn't have used just only one of them for Khalil Mack despite not having an edge rusher since dating back to #94 John Abraham of 2005 of 17 years ago? 

Chargers are allowed to build star power around a Justin Herbert led Rookie contract but I'm being told by my own fan base how Joe Douglas isn't allowed to go guns blazing after the likes of J.C. Jackson/Amari Cooper? 

Saying Douglas wont do something is not us saying we should get "Superstar Impact Players" or whatever you call them. 

And again none of say he isn't allowed to do it, we discuss what we think he will do and the best way to go about it. 

Again you have tunnel vision and think your way is the only way things should/can go. 

Two more shockers that could happen this offseason:

Raiders/Browns - Carr for Baker and a bunch of picks including at least one 1st

Browns are highly interested in Carr. 

Watson to Carolina for multiple 1sts

Colts have to settle for the Jimmy G sweepstakes. Not much of a difference from Wentz, but also not a lockerroom cancer, so there’s that..:

2 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

No.

1. Herbert has shown more in his time in the league than Zach Wilson has

2. LAC have a much better roster to throw away a top Day 2 pick than the NYJ currently do. 

3. Can you manage to make it so that not every other post you make has something to do with a team or your teams more importantly cap ranking? We get it, you're flush with cap.

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/10/panthers-remain-interested-in-deshaun-watson/

Per the report, the Panthers believe they’ll have to surrender at least three first-round picks, another draft pick, and a young player or two. Alexander writes that the players would include safety Jeremy Chinn, defensive end Brian Burns, defensive tackle Derrick Brown, and/or cornerback Jaycee Horn.

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Worth it for Watson

I would agree.  26 years old, arguably a top 5 guy after 2020.  

But you really have to trust that he will stay out of trouble going forward.  And that he'll take accountability (once he's able to) and find ways to give back and teach others.  Because I know a lot of Panthers fans who will be angry if we acquire him, which I'm sure is true for every fanbase in the hunt for Watson.

Edited by iknowcool

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I would agree.  26 years old, arguably a top 5 guy after 2020.  

But you really have to trust that he will stay out of trouble going forward.  And that he'll take accountability (once he's able to) and find ways to give back and teach others.  Because I know a lot of Panthers fans who will be angry if we acquire him, which I'm sure is true for every fanbase in the hunt for Watson.

Yeah idk and I typically don’t judge only because again I don’t know anything for sure.

From the football side of things the compensation is well worth it.